INDIANAPOLIS — Sun King Brewery, one of the leaders of the independent craft beer movement in Indiana, is excited to announce the opening of Oca in its refurbished Indianapolis Tap Room. Oca is a sausage-centric restaurant and cheese and salumi counter developed by Chris Eley, named one of America’s top 20 food artisans by Food & Wine and owner of Indianapolis’ Goose the Market and Smoking Goose.
Oca, the Italian word for “goose,” will feature a variety of house-made game, vegetarian, and seafood sausages on a ready-to-eat menu. With a focus on Sun King beer pairings, the ever-changing menu selection will rotate with the best of the seasonal harvest. Oca’s menu will feature new-world twists on old-world classics and inventive new sausage offerings including:
Platters to serve two -four people:
- Sasquatch: giant spud topped with guanciale, ‘nduja (a spicy, spreadable pork salumi), duck egg, ricotta, escarole, lemon and pork rinds
- Choucroute Garnie: smoked rib chop, Knack, Nuremberg andStrasbourg Alsatian-style sausages, cured pork belly, fermented cabbage,Riesling, onion, herbs and potatoes
- Pretzels and pimiento beer cheese: Sun King Wee Mac Scottish Ale, sharp cheddar, pimiento, Bavarian pretzels and ‘nduja
Links for One: single-serve sausage plates served hot:
- Currywurst, beet-potato hash, escarole, crab cocktail, New England bun
- Pheasant and onion sausage, duck confit, white beans, lardons, served wet (with an extra dose of jus) or dry
- Berkshire pork and octopus sausage, rapini, pine nuts, fresh mozzarella, arrabiatta sauce and orecchiette pasta salad
- Smoked salmon belly and pink peppercorn sausage, burgundy snails, parsley, tarragon, porcini mushrooms
Boards of farmstead cheeses and house cured meats with paired accompaniments to eat in or sliced to order for take away.
With service and menu options that range from single servings to party platters, Oca is ready to satisfy Sun King tasting room guests who’d like a plate with their pint or take-away treats to go with their growlers.
“Craft beer fans have been visiting our tasting room to sample our fresh, flavorful craft beer for eight years,” said Clay Robinson, co-owner of Sun King Brewery. “With Oca’s delicious food and up to 16 Sun King beers on tap, we hope guests will come by more often to enjoy the tasty pairings.”
Sun King’s expanded tasting room and patio will now have the capacity to seat 140 guests who can enjoy more Sun King flagship, seasonal, and King’s Reserve beers in sample flights or pints.
“Oca’s menu and Sun King beer are the best of the wurst,” jokes Chris Eley, owner of Oca, Goose the Market and Smoking Goose. “Oca’s menu and service is truly unique. Together with Sun King’s great brews, it’s a delicious experience unlike any other.”
Sun King’s Indianapolis Tasting Room hours and specials are as follows:
- Monday – Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Thursday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.; $6 growler fill special on Sunlight, Wee Mac and Osiris
- Saturday: 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday:11 a.m. – 8 p.m.; No keg sales
Oca’s hours are as follows:
- Monday – Wednesday: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Thursday – Friday: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday – 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Sunday – 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
About Sun King Brewery
Sun King Brewing Company is the brainchild of Dave Colt andClay Robinson. With the help of family and friends – Omar Robinson, Andy Fagg and Steve Koers – the first keg of Sun King beer rolled out the door for delivery in July 2009. Now available on tap and in cans throughout Indiana,Chicago and Louisville, Ky., Sun King has grown into a leader in the independent craft brewing movement. Sun King’s brewers hand craft flagship, seasonal and specialty beers that have been rewarded with multiple medals at the Indiana Brewers Cup, the Great American Beer Festival and World Beer Cup competitions, and the brewery donates to hundreds of community organizations throughout Indiana. Visit www.sunkingbrewing.com for more information. Sun King Brewery is also on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
#OcaMeansGooseOpening November 2017, Oca provides reliable sausages, salumi, and cheese inside Sun King Brewery’s tasting room at 135 N. College Ave. in Indianapolis. For the latest news on grand opening events, menu updates, and more, follow @OcaSKB on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Register for Oca email updates and the chance to win a free dinner at ocameansgoose.com
About Chris Eley, Owner of Oca, Goose the Market, and Smoking Goose
Growing up in Indianapolis, Chris’ first kitchen gig at the local Sahm’s restaurant inspired his taste for a professional food career. After culinary school and college, he cooked for award-winning restaurants in Chicago before landmark chefs like Rick Tramanto and Gale Gand tapped Chris to open restaurants and create menus. In 2007, Chris and his wife, Mollie, returned home toIndianapolis to open Goose the Market, a full-service butcher shop and specialty food and wine market, before opening their USDA-inspected meatery, Smoking Goose, in 2011.
Recognized by the Indianapolis Business Journal among the Top Forty Under 40, Chris was also featured in The Indianapolis Star as one of the city’s Top Ten Entrepreneurs to Watch. His work behind the counter at Goose the Market and Smoking Goose have earned features in The New York Times, Food and Wine, Bon Appetit, Saveur, and more.