Ft. Collins, Colo. – New Belgium Brewing is taking its 2015 Clips Beer & Film Tour to twenty cities coast-to-coast. The beer-toting, film-traveling, nonprofit-benefitting show will run from May to October, during its sixth season. Clips is a free event, with all proceeds from beer sales going to local nonprofits. Since its inception in 2010, Clips Beer & Film Tour has raised more than $520,000 for nonprofits nationwide and brought more than 35,000 people out to their local parks for a fun and philanthropic night of movie watching and beer tasting.
Clips offers a venue where guests can try New Belgium’s more esoteric beer offerings, pairing them with inspiring short films created by New Belgium fans. Up to 16 beer varieties will be on tap, including some of the more hard-to-come-by beers from the Lips of Faith sereis, as well as brewery classics.
New Belgium beers will be available in 3-ounce samples, 12 ounce pours, or cans. Served up by local beneficiary volunteers, there’s plenty of fun to be had once the sun sets and the films start rolling. Food from local vendors will also be available.
“We have another exciting season lined up with a couple new stops, new toys, new beers and new films,” said Christie Catania, Clips national special events manager. “We’re excited to tour around the country and work with amazing local groups doing great work in their communities. The funds raised will help each of them continue their mission long after the show wraps up.”
New Belgium also teams up with a local sustainability partner at each stop and has diverted at least 85 percent of event waste from landfills over the past five years.
As for the films, New Belgium is still on the hunt, with the submission window closing on April 1. To learn more about the submission please click here. New Belgium will select about 20 short films to feature during the tour.
2015 Clips Beer & Film Tour will roll through each of the following cities:
- Kansas City, MO May 21 Theis Park
- Bloomington, IN May 29 Bryan Park
- Chicago, IL June 5 Eckhart Park
- Grand Rapids, MI June 11 Ah-Nab-Awen Park
- Austin, TX June 19 Long Center for the Performing Arts
- Boulder, CO June 25 Valmont Disc Golf Park
- Santa Barbara, CA July 10 Chase Palm Park
- Sacramento, CA July 24 Southside Park
- Seattle, WA July 31 Gas Works Park
- Colorado Springs, CO August 6 America the Beautiful Park
- Madison, WI August 27 Olin Park
- Asheville, NC September 4 Pack Square Park: Roger McGuire Green
- Reston, VA September 10 Reston Town Center
- Charlottesville, VA September 17 Washington Park: Lower Field
- Columbus, OH September 24 Columbus Commons
- Atlanta, GA October 2 Historic Fourth Ward Skatepark Field
- Nashville, TN October 9 East Park
- Charleston, SC October 15 Marion Square
- Miami, FL October 22 Margaret Pace Park
- Tampa, FL October 29 Curtis Hixon Park
About New Belgium Brewing Company:
New Belgium Brewing, makers of Fat Tire Amber Ale and a host of Belgian-inspired beers, is recognized as one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work and one of the Wall Street Journal’s Best Small Businesses. The 100% employee-owned brewery is a Platinum-level Bicycle Friendly Business as designated by the League of American Bicyclists, and one of World Blu’s most democratic U.S. businesses, and a Certified B Corp. In addition to Fat Tire, New Belgium brews ten year-round beers; Ranger IPA, Rampant Imperial IPA, Shift Pale Lager, Slow Ride Session IPA, Snapshot Wheat, Sunshine Wheat, 1554 Black Lager, Blue Paddle Pilsner, Abbey Belgian Ale and Trippel. Learn more at NewBelgium.com.