Spokane, Wash — On Sunday March 19th – No-Li Brewhouse releases an ultra-limited vertical of barrel aged beers from the past four years at a 2017 Mug Club Event: Blackfill, Van Lambert, Defacto, Tandem and OMFG.
There are only 24 total bottles of Black Fill in existence. The cellar will be emptied!
Twenty-four 4-packs will be released with one 22 oz. Blackfill. Then, it’s gone forever! A select release with three additional barrel aged 22 oz. verticals will include a Defacto, Van Lambert, OMFG and/or Tandem 22 oz. bottles. .
- 9.5% ABV
- This is our first barrel aged series release. The blend is 67% Wrecking Ball Imperial Stout aged in first use Dry Fly Distiller Triticale Whiskey barrels for 4 months, and 33% Wrecking Ball aged in second use Washington Wheat Whiskey barrels for 7 months. The Triticale barrels will give a delicious spicy, bready, whisky flavor with hints of oak, vanilla, and toffee-like sweetness. The second use barrels impart heavy brown sugar and molasses-like sweetness accented by woody, coconut flavors. This will balance this whiskey bite wonderfully. Cheers!
- Release Date: August 2014
- Awards: 2014 Brussels International Beer competition Gold Medal
- 10% ABV
- We started with a sour kettle using lactobacillus. Mosaic and Eldorado hops cover the full spectrum of fruitiness, from citrus to stone fruits. The No-Li team hand-picked over 500 lbs. of Van and Lambert cherries from Bodacious Berries in Greenbluff. A total of 859 lbs. of cherries were pressed and added to the wort at the end of the boil. The beer was aged in six French Oak barrels, and two American Oak barrels. The sweet and tart cherry flavors play off of each other and mingle with the alcohol to create a tart yet champagne-like flavor. The red wine barrels add a tannin-like structure to the beer, additional fruitiness, and a slightly oaky finish.
- Release Date: December 2014
- 9% ABV, 100 IBUs
- Defacto is a Barrel-Aged Imperial Black IPA. Three Dry Fly Wheat Whiskey barrels and two Triticale Whiskey barrels were filled with Jet Star Imperial IPA. Meanwhile, Wrecking Ball Imperial Stout was laid down in five Triticale Whiskey Barrels. Months later, the ten barrels were blended, resulting in a robust black beer with a ton of layers. Age mellows both the hop intensity and the sharp roast character to give Defacto flavors ranging from bitter to silky smooth and imparts notes of vanilla, licorice, whiskey, oak, and chocolate.
- Release Date: May 2015
- 6.1% ABV, 22 IBUs
- Dry Fly Wheat Whiskey Barrel-Aged Rise & Grind is layered with Sweet Orange Peel, Madagascar Vanilla Beans, and German Chocolate to deliver a luxurious drinking experience. Smooth chocolate and a creamy body combine with vanilla and Gemelli coffee to turn this beer into a mocha-like experience
- Release Date: May 2016
- 9.5% ABV, 50 IBUs
- A rich malt base with sweet caramel character swimming in a deep red colored beer. Amarillo and El Dorado hops lend a delicious cherry and orange nose. The sweet fruit flavors and malt backbone support a high ABV, which is all balanced by a slight bitterness.
About No-Li Brewhouse
Born & Raised in Spokane, Washington, No-Li Brewhouse is locally-owned and community-minded crafting Spokane-Style beers with No Boundaries: innovative beers brewed with locally-sourced ingredients. No-Li Brewhouse was awarded 2016 Washington Brewery of the Year, NBWA 2015 National Brewer Partner of the Year, No-Li has won twenty-one international awards.
For more information about the beers, brewery and the pub, visit www.nolibrewhouse.com, or follow them on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram @nolibrewhouse.