ASHEVILLE, NC — Wicked Weed Brewing is Pre-Selling Bottles of Dark Arts, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Wild Imperial Stout today, Monday, October 13th, online. Remaining Bottles Available for Purchase on November 1st.
Wicked Weed Brewing is set to release an extremely limited number of Dark Arts bottles, a once-a-year release that clocks in at 15% ABV. Pre-sale of 1200 these bottles will occur on Brown Paper Tickets on October 13th from 12-4pm with a six bottle per person limit and a one ticket per person limit. These bottles will be available for pickup in person during Halloween weekend (October 31st – November 2nd) at Wicked Weed’s Funkatorium. This ticket also purchases entry into Wicked Weed’s Barrel Aged Tap Takeover starting at 6pm on October 31st at the Funkatorium.
General admission to the Barrel Aged Tap Takeover will also be available for purchase at the door on October 31st based upon fire marshal regulated capacity.
For those who were not able to pre-purchase bottles online, bottles will go on sale on at noon on November 1st in person at the Funkatoiurm on 147 Coxe Avenue. For all official rules on the bottle sale, read below.
The Pre-Sale Opportunity: On October 13th from 12-4pm, 200 tickets will go on sale at http://darkarts2014.brownpapertickets.com (Brown Paper Tickets) Limit one ticket per-person.
The Ticket: One ticket, $120 (plus NC tax and service charge) purchases 6 bottles of Dark Arts and admission to the Wicked Weed Barrel Aged Tap Takeover.
The Ticket Rules:
– All ticket buyers must be 21 years or older.
– The individual who purchased the ticket must be present with a valid ID and print out ÔÇ¿of their ticket at 6pm when doors open for entry to the Barrel Aged Tap Takeover.
– Only individuals with a valid ID and a ticket in their name will be admitted at 6pm.
– If an individual’s name appears on more than one ticket, one of those ticket and bottle ÔÇ¿sales will be null and void. This rule exists to ensure that no one individual has a monopoly or unfair advantage regarding the number of bottles allotted per person. ÔÇ¿The Pre-Sale Bottle Pick Up:
– There will be three sessions for pre-sale bottle pick up.
1.October 31st between 6-10pm at the Funkatorium Barrel Age Tap Takeover.
- November 1st between 12-6pm at the Funkatorium via a VIP line.
- November 2nd between 1-4pm at the Funkatorium.
– Regardless of when you choose to retrieve your bottles you must have a valid ID that
matches the name on your ticket.
– NO PROXIES. If any individual other than the ticket purchaser attempts to pick up the pre-purchased bottles, those bottles will be forfeited back to Wicked Weed. The no proxy rule is in place to ensure that as many people as possible have the chance to purchase Dark Arts. We cannot under any circumstance ship bottles of Dark Arts. By purchasing a ticket you acknowledge that you are obligated to pick up your bottles in person.
– Only 200 tickets will be pre-sold for bottles and tasting room entry at 6pm. These tickets are the only guarantee for bottles and tasting room entry on October 31st.
– Our capacity (number of people allowed in our Tasting Room at one time based upon fire marshall regulations) is small so we highly recommend trying for one of these tickets.
– General admission tickets will be available at the door ($18 for entry) provided our capacity allows it and is only good for the Barrel Age Tap Takeover.
– Dark Arts will be on draught but no bottles of Dark Arts will be sold until Saturday (11/1).
– Oh, yeah … #costumesmandatory it’s Halloween! ÔÇ¿The Bottle Sale:
– Regular Dark Arts bottle sales will commence Saturday (11/1) at 12pm at the Funkatorium. 6 bottle maximum per person.
– Line will form outside the patio roll door. All individuals waiting in line will be ID’ed and issued a numbered wristband in order in which you arrived.
– No individual may go through the line twice.
– Because of the limited quantity of bottles we will sell out and we offer our apologies in ÔÇ¿advance for anyone waiting in line who is not able to purchase Dark Arts. ÔÇ¿ABOUT WICKED WEED BREWING ÔÇ¿Wicked Weed Brewing is an Asheville, North Carolina based brewpub that consistently hosts 20+ beers on tap including hop forward, West Coast style ales, open fermented Belgians, and barrel aged sour beers. Opened in December 2012, Wicked Weed is striving towards becoming the largest producer of barrel aged beers in the Southeastern US. Wicked Weed Brewing was awarded a Gold Medal at the Great American Beer Festival for 100% Brettanomyces Serenity Farmhouse Ale in 2013. In addition to Serenity, Wicked Weed is known for producing Freak of Nature Double IPA, Coolcumber Ale, Tyrant Double Red Ale, Hopburglar Blood Orange IPA, Dark Age Bourbon Stout and Black Angel Cherry Sour. Most recently, Wicked Weed began small scale statewide distribution of kegs as well as bottles of barrel aged sour beers to major metropolitans in North Carolina. Learn more at www.wickedweedbrewing.com and on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WickedWeedBrewing.