CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – Starr Hill Brewery is set to kick off its 2018 tour with a fresh lineup of beers, headlined by their new flagship brand: Front Row Golden Ale. Starr Hill will also release Looking Glass IPA as a new spring seasonal, several classics in the Heavy Rotation Series, a revamped All Access Series lineup, as well as some specialty variety packs including the new BoomBox can pack.
Front Row Golden Ale will become the sixth member of the core lineup in early 2018 as Starr Hill’s newest flagship brand available year-round. This light and refreshing beer is the perfect balance of Honey malt and Cascade hops for a smooth body and clean finish.
“We originally brewed this Golden Ale for the summer music festival season last year, and it just took off,” says Starr Hill Brewmaster, Robbie O’Cain. “Front Row is a classic, approachable beer that we’re really excited to share.”
Front Row celebrates savoring life’s moments in-person and sharing the experience with others. Starr Hill will launch Front Row on draft, followed by six-pack bottles, this spring with a Golden Ticket Giveaway contest. Fans can enter to win concert tickets and an exclusive Front Row Tour Pack of prizes.
Front Row Golden Ale will also be available in 16oz. cans and showcased in the new BoomBox 8-pack alongside Northern Lights IPA. This unique package will feature four cans each of each brand, a link to free music content, and will be available year-round starting in March 2018.
Looking Glass IPA will launch in early February as Starr Hill’s new spring seasonal brand, replacing Reviver Red IPA. Loaded with notes of juicy pineapple, mango and passion fruit, this IPA packs big hop aroma and flavor with minimal bitterness. The Hook Grapefruit Session IPA will again bring back the summer season before Last Leaf Maple Brown Ale returns in the fall.
The Heavy Rotation Series spins an ongoing playlist of new beer and music with something fresh available in 6-packs and on draft every three months. 2018 sees the return of some classic favorites from Starr Hill’s brewing archives.
- Amber Ale (March), the award-winning Irish-Style Red, returns with a deep honey color and medium body, leading to rich caramel and malt flavor with a slightly sweet finish.
- Hibiscus Lager (June) is a refreshing take on an American-style Helles lager with the addition of hibiscus flowers, providing tangy floral notes and a beautiful pink hue.
- Festie Oktoberfest Lager (September), a smooth and malty tribute to the great German Märzen, repeats for a second year in the lineup.
- Dark Starr Dry Irish Stout (December) has won more national and international awards than any other Dry Irish Stout in the country. Brewed with roasted barley, with hints of coffee and dark chocolate.
Starr Hill’s All Access Series showcases some of the brewery’s most unique and inspired beers. Now a draft-only limited series, Starr Hill will release a different All Access brand every two months, featuring old favorites and new recipes developed at the Pilot Brewery & Side Stage in Roanoke.
- Denali Double IPA (January) highlights this hop’s huge pineapple and berry notes to nicely complement the citrus flavors of additional hops.
- Berliner Weisse (March) is a refreshingly tart and flavorful German-style wheat beer presents a harmony between yeast and lactic acid.
- NE-Style IPA (May) is massively hopped with a focus on tropical citrus flavors and just the right amount of haze.
- Roanoke Pilot Brew (July) to be a non-IPA style announced at a later date.
- Roanoke Pilot Brew (September) to be an IPA style announced at a later date.
- Little Red Roostarr (November) is our smooth milk stout with locally roasted coffee from Red Rooster Coffee Roasters in Floyd, VA.
The new Jam Pack now showcases a 12-pack of 16oz. cans, including Northern Lights IPA, Grateful Pale Ale, Front Row Golden Ale, and The Love Wheat Beer. Jam Pack will be released in mid-May and available just in time for summer.
To find where Starr Hill beers are available, visit www.StarrHill.com/Beer-Finder.
About Starr Hill Brewery
Born in a Charlottesville music hall in 1999, Starr Hill is an independent, regional craft brewery founded out of a passion for great beer and live music. Among the most award-winning craft breweries on the East Coast, Starr Hill has won 22 Great American Beer Festival, World Beer Cup and Great British Beer Festival medals. Starr Hill beer is distributed throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern regions.