Atlanta, GA — Starting on December 1st and for the first time since launching in Atlanta in fall 2014, beers from Second Self Beer Company will be available outside Georgia, in Alabama. Year-round favorites and rotating seasonals will be sold on draft and in cans at bars, restaurants, and shops throughout Birmingham, Montgomery, Auburn and surrounding counties.
Represented inAlabama by Pinnacle Imports—a craft beer and fine wine distributor that has served the state for over two decades—Second Self will debut an initial lineup in Alabama that includes year-round favorites Thai Wheat, Citrus IPA, and RedHop Rye, joined by seasonal releases, Maverick & Gose, and Molé Porter. Each of Second Self’s brews is crafted with fresh ingredients, and additional beers will roll out in future months.
Look for the following beers in Alabama:
- Thai Wheat (5.1% ABV, 18 IBU)—a year-round AmericanWheat. This spicy beer is as exotic as the country that inspired it, with fresh lemongrass & ginger for a refreshing aroma & taste.Suggested pairings: fish, chicken, pork loin, grilled vegetables, sushi & Asian cuisine
- Citrus IPA(6.2% ABV, 50 IBU)—a year-round IPA that packs a citrus punch yet isn’t overly bitter. It’s made with citrusy hops: Columbus, Amarillo, Citra & just a touch of lemon, orange & grapefruit peel to enhance the citrus aroma without any bitterness. The beer is then dry-hopped with more Amarillo & Citra hops for the added hoppy, citrus punch. The aroma is sweet, yet the taste is dry with a robust IPA finish.Suggested parings: pan-roasted trout, mussels, artichokes, potato soup & gruyere cheese
- Red Hop Rye(7.3% ABV, 69 IBU)—a Red IPA with an abundance of hoppy citrus aromas from dry-hopping. Spicy rye mixed with hops & balanced by a malty backbone from American caramel & honey malts.Suggested pairings: BBQ, steak, burgers, brats, cheddar cheese & spicy foods
- Molé Porter (6.5% ABV, 27 IBU)—a chocolate porter with extra spices reminiscent of Second Self Co-founder Jason Santamaria’s family recipe for Oaxacan sauce. This robust porter is packed with flavor to warm you up this winter.Suggested pairings: pork or beef tacos, stews & chilis, gruyere cheese & chocolate desserts
- Maverick & Gose (4.4% ABV, 8 IBU)—a fresh take on a traditional Gose with the addition of coriander. Dry-hopped with fruity Wakatu hops to balance out a slightly tart & salty nature.Suggested pairings: grilled grouper, oysters, guacamole, pineapple & beach volleyball
Second Self Beer Company is a nationally recognized craft brewery that has been featured in Food & Wine, DRAFT Magazine, BeerAdvocate, Fortune, Paste Magazine and many more.
ABOUT SECOND SELF BEER COMPANY
Co-founders Jason Santamaria and Chris Doyle started Second Self as a home brewing experiment a decade ago and released their highly acclaimed beers to the public in fall 2014. The two met in college at Georgia Tech and bonded over a shared passion for good beer.Chris went on to work at Atlanta’s Sweetwater Brewery and earned his certificate from the American Brewers Guild Craft Brewers Apprenticeship program. Jason has a background in food and business. Second Self’s beers are brewed with fresh ingredients like blue ginger and lemongrass (never dried ingredients or extracts), and each brew is designed to be paired with food. Second Self recently opened an expanded taproom at theirWestside brewery. Designed by Adrenaline, Inc., their graphics have been recognized at Tastings.com’s 2015 World Beer Championships Packaging Competition and Graphic DesignUSA’s 2015 AmericanGraphic Design Awards.