Michigan — Pure Brews America by Meijer is ready to kick off their third season after winning a Michigan EMMY Award for “Best Magazine Program” on June 10th. After nine Michigan EMMY nominations, television industry professionals acknowledge the hard work of Yellow Flag Productions in producing Pure Brews America as they returned home with a Michigan EMMY Award in hand.
Viewers will again be treated to the stories and beers of the Midwest’s best craft breweries (at least vicariously) as Season 3 of Pure Brews America returns Saturday, July 8. The show is presented by Meijer, one of the largest craft beer retailers in the state of Michigan, as well as HopCat, a Michigan-based group of award-winning craft beer bars. The half-hour show will follow Pure Brews America host, Shannon Long, as she crisscrosses the Midwest to showcase the quality and variety of products available at microbreweries and brewpubs. All of her adventures will be documented for better or for worse! She will introduce viewers to breweries as geographically diverse as Blackrocks Brewery in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula to Revolution Brewing in the heart of Chicago, focusing on the personalities, processes, and unique creativity of independent craft brewers.
“Although the responses from our first and second seasons were astounding,” said Long, Host and Producer of Pure Brews America, “I guarantee viewers will be further blown away by our third season! These eight episodes contain more interesting stories, crazy characters, and amazing beers than ever before. ”
- 3 Floyds Brewing Co. – Munster, Indiana
- Austin Brothers Beer Co. – Alpena, Michigan
- B. Nektar – Ferndale, Michigan
- Blackrocks Brewery – Marquette, Michigan
- Blake’s Hard Cider Co. – Armada, Michigan
- Dragonmead Brewery – Warren, Michigan
- Great Lakes Brewing Company – Cleveland, Ohio
- Griffin Claw Brewing Company – Birmingham, Michigan
- Pigeon Hill Brewing Company – Muskegon, Michigan
- Revolution Brewing – Chicago, Illinois
- Rhinegeist Brewery – Cincinnati, Ohio
- Sun King Brewing Co. – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Transient Artisan Ales – Bridgman, Michigan
- Two Brothers Artisan Brewing – Warrenville, Michigan
- Upland Brewing Co. – Bloomington, Indiana
- Upper Hand Brewery – Escanaba, Michigan
Along with visits to different breweries, each episode contains a beef jerky and beer pairing from Jack Link’s as well as a few mixology tips from Faygo and Vlasic. Furthermore, the world-class HopCat restaurant provides culinary tips and show viewers how to incorporate craft beer into their kitchens. Finally, viewers will have an opportunity to discover the Meijer Beer Frontier at www.BeerFrontier.Meijer.com, which is an online and in-store source for exploring the best breweries and beers.
More information on Pure Brews America is available at www.PureBrewsAmerica.com. Viewers can also catch up on the show’s first and season at www.PureBrewsAmerica.com/Season-2. Stay tuned for more to come as discussions of a fourth season of Pure Brews America in 2018 are in the works!
Season 3 Air Dates & Times:
Saturdays – July 8, 15, 22, 29; August 5, 12, 19, 26
- 12:30PM – CBS WWJ62 – Detroit
- 12:30PM – ABC WGTU – Traverse City/Cadillac
- 7:00 PM – CBS WLNS – Lansing
Sundays – July 9, 16, 23, 30; August 6, 13, 20, 27
- 12:30 PM – CBS WWMT – Grand Rapids
- 11:30PM – Fox WSMH – Flint/Saginaw
- 12:30PM – CW WSMH – Flint/Saginaw
Pure Brews America is a production of Yellow Flag Productions (www.yellowflagproductions.com), a Southfield-based full service media, high definition video, and television production company that creates award winning TV series, feature shows, documentaries, commercials, corporate media promotions, radio shows, music videos, and custom productions for clients across the Midwest. Yellow Flag Productions has been awarded six Michigan EMMY Awards and received numerous nominations during their twelve years in business.
With 500 TV programs and feature shows, over 250 radio shows, and thousands of video titles aired and produced, Yellow Flag Productions has become one of the Midwest’s premier sports, entertainment, and corporate media production houses.