Waunakee, WI – Isaac Showaki, Octopi’s founder, knows first-hand how hard it is to build a successful beer brand from the ground up. The journey started out with a love for beer after working for 10 years consulting for breweries in North and Central America. This led to a dream to launch a brewery. As with many new beer companies, it started with a concept and a goal: To make great quality beer, develop a large customer base, and grow the brand. The plan was to first get the beer to consumers and establish a solid market demand prior to investing a large capital amount into a brewery. The company successfully did just that. Prior to opening a production facility, the company started production by contract brewing its beers. The company worked with seven different breweries to produce five different styles of beer in a period of 18 months. Soon the market showed there was not one contract brewery that could fulfill the vision; A vision of growing, expanding and producing a high quality product. The contract brewing experience was frustrating for a variety of reasons.
With this in mind, Octopi was born.
Octopi Brewing has a better vision for how a beer brand should launch and seeks to create a better process for the next generation of beer entrepreneurs by:
- Using a 50 bbl. three vessel German Esau & Hueber brewhouse, a 30-head filler German KHS bottling line and GEA centrifuge to produce great quality beer
- Employing the highest skilled brewers with over 20+ of professional brewing experience
- Offering the services of our talented, young and hip designers to assist with logo creation and packaging design
- Becoming the first brewery to provide comprehensive assistance on beer formulation, supplier selection, business consulting, permitting/licensing guidance, marketing advice, merchandising, and brewery construction planning
- Consulting and guiding clients on how to succeed in the craft beer world
- Strategically partnering with new craft beer brands, established craft breweries, and high volume retailers seeking to create their own brands (supermarkets, hotels, hospitality)
- Catering solely to contract brewing with an attention to detail, standard of excellence and reliability not currently found in the Midwest
- Offering “right size” batches of beer to meet the variety of demands of our clients
- Positioning a brand that promotes contract brewing and symbolizes excellence
- Committing to the highest level of customer satisfaction for our beer clients
- Opening a tap room showcasing the variety of our beer brands and local beers
- Fostering relationships between the brands for which we contract
- Creating a brewery focused on the beer community: Where beer enthusiasts, entrepreneurs, and visionaries can learn and grow
- Building much more than just a company
Octopi will fill the tremendous void in the contract brewery scene. We have the prior experience of successfully launching new brands. We know what works to make a brand successful and have the abilities to do so. We will take the vision of the new beer enthusiast and help bring it to life. We will also fulfill the beer goals of existing companies by brewing for established breweries at capacity and hospitality chains.
At Octopi Brewing we are our clients’ extra limb, helping them grow their business through us. Just as the octopus moves skillfully in a realm that is ever changing, shifting, and wafting, Octopi strives to be in constant motion. We have the ability to move with market demands and trends to meet the needs of our clients. Octopi are water creatures and take the form in which they are held. We will take the shape of our clients and fill their diverse needs specific to their brands. As a contract brewery, we want to remain behind the scenes and let our clients’ brands flourish on their own. We take pride in doing all the work behind closed doors, letting the public respond to the exceptional products of our customers, and allowing our contracted brands to represent our company.
Octopi Brewing’s model is simple: Brewing your beer, Propelling your brand
Adam Vavrick, Director of Sales & Marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-620-4705