BALTIMORE, MD — The “Uncharted Waters” Series by Heavy Seas Beer will soon welcome the 2015 edition of The Great’er Pumpkin. This limited release will be available from September – October in all 18 states where Heavy Seas beer is distributed.
The Great’er Pumpkin pours a rich, deep burnished orange color with a thick white head. Aromas of cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and clove give this brew a great aromatic complexity, while British crystal malt, brown sugar, and pumpkin add a sense of weight and body. Bourbon barrel aging rounds out its flavors with notes of oak, vanilla, and bourbon. A beer not to be missed!
- Style: Bourbon Barrel-aged Pumpkin Ale
- ABV: 10%
- Availability: September – October
- Malts: Pale, UK Dark Crystal, Malted White Wheat, Dark Brown Sugar, Pumpkin, Spices
- Hops: Mt. Hood
- Suggested Food Pairings: Rich stews, Fowl, Roasted game, Root vegetables, Sharp cheddar, Crème Brulee, Flan, Custards
- Suggested Glassware: Snifter