MIAMI – Inspired by both Miami’s prevalent and colorful Cuban culture and the rich brewing history of Vienna style lagers in Cuba, Concrete Beach Brewery is excited to release Havana Lager, a suave lager with a beautiful sunburst-orange hue and foamy white head. This new year-round beer will be available on draft and in 12 oz. cans at the Social Hall and across Southern Florida.
Havana Lager is the quintessential beer to enjoy while watching the sun set over Miami. Toasted malt characters envelop the palate and give the beer a slight malty sweetness that finishes crisp and clean.
Ingredients and Stats:
Malt: 2-Row, Vienna, Melanoidin, Chocolate
Hops: Cascade, Hallertau
ABV: 5.2% Alc./Vol.
“Havana Lager is going to be a great year-round beer for South Florida,” said Marco Reyna, head brewer for Concrete Beach. “Not only does it fit our fans’ desires for an easy drinking lager, it’s also a nod to the German brewers that settled in Cuba and other Latin and South American countries and brought their brewing traditions that still influence the drinking culture today.”
While already available on draft at the Social Hall, the launch of Havana Lager in 12oz. cans comes just in time for the new Havana Nights monthly event at the Wynwood-based brewery. The first Havana Nights falls during Father’s Day Weekend, and fans are encouraged to bring the entire familia, both human and canine, for a weekend of celebrating Dad with refreshing beers, delicious Cuban food, live salsa music, dominos and Cuban cigars.
- Havana Nights, 7-11PM: Celebrate the launch of Havana Lager in 12oz. cans with Cuban cuisine, dominos and a live salsa band.
- Brunch, 12-5 PM: Beer is the new mimosa! Enjoy a pint, paired with brunch by Magic Box.
- Havana Nights, 7-11 PM: Continue Friday night’s celebrations with more Cuban cuisine, dominos, music and a cigar pop-up shop.
- Pups & Pints, 12-5 PM: a doggy playdate paired with a human and canine brunch to support Paws 4 You Rescue.
- Havana Nights, 7-11 PM: Celebrate Father’s Day with the family at the brewery’s third night of celebrations with Cuban cuisine, dominos and salsa lessons.
The Havana Nights themed event will continue each month, taking place on the first Friday of every month beginning in July.
To find where Havana Lager is available, visit the beer finder.
About Concrete Beach Brewery
Concrete Beach Brewery unites communities with a common love of traditions. With an artistic array of classically brewed ales and lagers, Concrete Beach works hard to ensure that every pint conveys their passion and that their beer complements any occasion. Concrete Beach beer can be found at bars, restaurants and retail locations throughout South Florida. Visit the Brewery and Social Hall at 325 N.W. 24th Street, Miami, Florida. Concrete Beach is part of A&S Brewing Collaborative, an independently operated subsidiary of the Boston Beer Company. Concrete Beach Brewery is online at www.concretebeachbrewery.com, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.