Los Angeles, CA — Attention ale adoring Angelenos – LA Beer Week is less than a month away! This beer-filled week featuring festivals, tap takeovers, tastings and copious amounts of new beer is back for its ninth year June 17th – 25th. During this bountiful period, Angel City Brewery will debut two new beers, including one available in a can and perfect for summer sipping. With six events held at Angel City Brewery and numerous events around the city, beer fans can do LA Beer Week the Angel City way, whether they live around the corner or across the city.
As part of the festivities, Angel City Brewery is proud to announce the LA Beer Week release of Sunbather. This hoppy yet tart kettle-soured pale ale is brewed with Citra hops, providing a wonderfully bright, juicy beer perfect for a sunny day in LA. Sunbather will be available on draft at the LABW Kickoff Festival at Los Angeles Center Studios as well as at select accounts throughout the city. And to conclude LABW, the brewery will be releasing a limited run of 16oz.
Sunbather cans on June 23rd at 4pm. The cans will only be available while supplies last. Another LA Beer Week release not to be missed is the launch of Purple Grain. This beer was dreamt up by 2016 What Would You Brew? contest winner Andy Ziskin. Coming in at 5.5% ABV and 30 IBUs, Purple Grain is an American wheat beer brewed with Purple Prairie barley and a dash of elderberry juice, giving the beer a hint of jam flavor balanced by a tropical fruit bitterness that goes down oh so smoothly. The large amounts of late addition hops lend a pleasant floral and tropical fruit aroma.
“LA Beer Week is a highlight of any beer drinker’s year and that goes double for us brewers!” said Angel City Brewery Head Brewer Layton Cutler. “This year we have an amazing lineup of new releases and specialty beers that we are bringing out of the cellar for LA Beer Week. I am especially excited for the 16oz. can launch of Sunbather. This will be the first launch in what we hope will become a bigger series of 16oz. cans from the brewery.”
Angel City Brewery LA Beer Week Events:
• June 17th: LA Brewers Beer Week Kickoff Festival at Los Angeles Center Studios – Sample the best LA Beer Week has to offer at the Kickoff Festival, where over 80 of the best breweries in Los Angeles will be sharing their specialty beers and most popular pours; Angel City will be pouring both Sunbather and Purple Grain. 1-4pm. Tickets available at labeerweek.org.
• June 18th: Father’s Day Food Truck & Music Fest – Celebrate Dad the way he deserves by bringing him to Angel City Brewery for a pint of Citrus Wheat Ale and burgers with a side of live music. 12-6pm. Free.
• June 19th: Ale Academy – Beer and Cheese – Angel City Brewery and Vagabond Cheese present a special addition of Ale Academy with a guided beer and cheese pairing. 7-8pm. Tickets available at bit.ly/brugesandbrew.
• June 20th: Purple Grain Launch Party – Sip the craft beer creation that won Angel City’s 2016 “What Would You Brew” competition alongside the creator, as well as Angel City Brewery’s Head Brewer, Layton Cutler. 6-8pm. Free.
• June 23rd: Sunbather Can Launch – Angel City Brewery’s Sunbather Ale has quickly become a fan favorite, and for a limited time during LA Beer Week, Angel City Brewery will be selling this tart, juicy beer in cans in the Public House Retail Shop. Join us in celebrating this new can release with music by our own brewer DJ Tyler & friends, poster giveaways featuring Sunbather-inspired art and guided brewhouse tours for a behind the scenes peek at how the beer was brewed. 4-6pm. Free.
• June 24th: Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Festival – End LA Beer Week at the largest craft beer celebration in Long Beach on the Queen Mary. Enjoy hundreds of craft beers, the city’s best food trucks and live music alongside fellow hop-heads. 12pm. Tickets available at beercamp.sierranevada.com.
Angel City Brewery brews beer for the greater LA area and beyond at their Downtown based brewery in the heart of the Arts District. The brewery’s Public House features a 19-tap bar that serves an ever-changing roster of classic and newly inspired beer, and is open seven days a week with a full calendar of events ranging from trivia nights to art shows, live music and festivals. The Public House is open Monday-Thursday, 4:00pm – 1:00am, Friday 4:00pm –2:00am, Saturday 12:00pm – 2:00am and Sunday 12:00pm – 1:00am.
About Angel City Brewery
In a city known more for its glitz than its grit, Angel City Brewery is proud to rough things up a bit and work beneath the shiny surface. Our home in the Los Angeles Arts District is both brewery and canvas, the center of a revival for the city’s artists, musicians, hustlers, and craftspeople.
It’s an LA that’s as ambitious as it is diverse — and our beer is no exception. Find Angel City on draft or in 6-packs at bars, restaurants and retail locations throughout California. Visit the Brewery and Public House downtown for a brewery tour, tasting or weekly event, located at 216 Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Angel City Brewery is an A&S Brewing Collaborative brand, a subsidiary of the Boston Beer Company. Angel City Brewery is online at www.AngelCityBrewery.com, on Facebook and on Twitter.