Glendale, WI – Sprecher Brewing Company–Milwaukee’s original craft brewery — celebrates American Craft Beer Week (ACBW) May 13th – 20th, with a host of special events. Spearheaded by the Brewers Association, ACBW is, “about uniting for a common cause: support and celebration of our nation’s small and independent brewers and the millions of beer lovers who have helped evolve an industry and put the U.S. on the brewing map,” said Julia Herz, publisher of CraftBeer.com and craft beer program director at the Brewers Association.
Special events will be held at breweries in Wisconsin and across all 50 states as communities come together to show appreciation on the local level for the more than 2,400 small and independent craft brewers responsible for steadily advancing American craft beer culture.
“We really look forward to American Craft Beer Week because it’s a chance to celebrate a revolution and the entrepreneurs who made it possible, like Randy Sprecher and so many other craft brewers. It’s also an opportunity for us to raise a glass to our customers and legislators for supporting an industry that is a seminal part of Wisconsin’s cultural identity and economic engine. The rise in craft breweries has benefitted glass, cardboard, aluminum and many other manufacturers as well as printers, farmers, cheesemakers, maltsters, restaurants and bars throughout the state,” said Jeff Hamilton, president of Sprecher.
Toasting its brethren craft brewers and most especially its customers, Sprecher Brewery will offer “Cheers to American Craft Beers” – a week full of on-site specials, giveaways, trivia contests and more.
At Sprecher Brewery:
May 13th – 17th (Monday – Friday)
- Brewery tours offered:
- 5/13, Monday and 5/14, Tuesday at 3pm and 4pm.
- 5/15, Wednesday at 4pm.
- 5/16, Thursday at 3pm and 4pm.
- 5/17 Friday at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 3:30pm.
- Free Brewery Tours
- 5/13: Thanks for Your Support! FREE TOUR for anyone wearing craft beer gear. Enter to win a craft beer cookbook.
- 5/14: Service Industry Workers, You Rock! FREE TOUR for anyone in the service industry (must present pay stub as proof). Enter to win a 4 pack of Sprecher Hard Root Beer.
- 5/15: Salute to Our Military! FREE TOUR and PINT GLASS for all US military with valid ID. Enter to win a stainless steel growler filled with beer of your choice.
- 5/16: Bring the Girls out for a Craft Beer! FREE TOUR for all women. Enter to win your choice of a Sprecher t-shirt or a craft beer cookbook.
- At 5pm, the first annual Toast from Coast to Coast takes place. Pause for the cause; raise a glass of your favorite American craft beer in a toast to innovation, great flavor and fellowship.
- From 6-9pm, The Stein Club will host its 16th annual Car Show in Sprecher’s west parking lot. A mere $5 gets you admission and four (4) tickets good for Sprecher beer or soda.
- 5/17: Show Your Brew Crew Love! FREE TOUR for anyone wearing Milwaukee Brewers gear. Enter to win a Sprecher t-shirt.
Brewery Tours Cont’d
May 18th and 19th:
Beer trivia contests during brewery tours. Fun questions; great prizes!
All Week on the Tour:
Mystery Beer on Tap. Guess the mystery beer and win a Sprecher Pint Glass
Guest Tap Beer: Fox Valley Brewing’s BLÜ (Blueberry Ale), a golden ale mixed with blueberry juice concentrate and natural extract. The result is a light fruity ale with an enticing aroma and flavor of fresh blueberries. Slightly sweet and highly drinkable, pours with a slight bluish stained color and dense white head. Sprecher’s Abbey Triple, a Belgian style triple, will be the guest tap at Fox Valley Brewing.
Free Brewery Tour: The 10th person to check in on each tour during ACBW will get a FREE brewery tour.
In the Gift Shop:
15% Case Discount on a featured Sprecher or Chameleon beer.
Sign the Craft Beer Manifesto: Join craft beer fans from across the country who, by signing the American Craft Beer Week Manifesto, pledge their support to craft beer and their love for the artisans who approach their craft with originality, dedication and passion.
The Declaration of Beer Independence is an integral part of ACBW. It has been signed by tens of thousands of passionate beer lovers, hung on the walls of brewery tap rooms across the country, and carried through the halls of Congress.
On Social Media:
Sprecher will host several contests on twitter and facebook during ABW. Prizes include coupons for Tapas and Beer ($30 value), Premium Reserve Tastings ($15 value), a stainless steel growler ($32 value), and more.
Foursquare Growler Discount: Check in at the Sprecher Gift Shop with Foursquare and get $2.00 off growler fills. Fresh craft beer for less…Awesome.
Those interested in learning about all the events Sprecher has planned for ACBW should visit the website, www.sprecherbrewery.com; the Sprecher blog, blog.sprecherbrewery.com; www.facebook.com/sprecherbrewing; and @sprecherbrewery for the latest updates.
Also, this year Untappd, the mobile-based social network that connects breweries with craft beer lovers, will allow 2013 ACBW participants to earn a special badge for enjoying craft beer during the week.
Sprecher Brewing Company is located at 701 W. Glendale Ave, Glendale, WI. For tour and event reservations, contact the Sprecher Gift Shop: 414.964.2739.
For more information about Sprecher Brewing Company and American Craft Beer Week, contact Anne Sprecher at 414.698.8287, or email@example.com.
Maker of award-winning beers and gourmet sodas, Sprecher Brewing Company is Milwaukee’s first brewery since Prohibition. Established in 1985, Sprecher remains a leader in Wisconsin’s craft brewing industry.