ALEXANDRIA, VA — The National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) and the Brewers Association (BA) are pleased to announce the nominees for the Eighth Annual Craft Beer Distributor of the Year Award. The award recognizes an American beer distributor who goes above and beyond in their efforts to actively market, sell and promote craft beer.
The award will be presented jointly October 4, 2014, at the Great American Beer Festival┬« hosted by the BA in Denver, Colorado. In addition to the Craft Beer Distributor of the Year Award, a Craft Beer Achievement Award (first runner-up) and Craft Beer Distributor Recognition Award (second runner-up) will be presented.
The nominees for this year’s award include:
- 7G Distributing, LLC — Cedar Rapids, IA
- Ace Distributing — York, PA
- AlaBev — Birmingham, AL
- American Eagle Distributing Co. — Loveland, CO
- Andrews Distributing Company, LLC — Dallas, TX
- Arkansas Craft Distributors, LLC — Little Rock, AR
- Ben E. Keith Beverages — Dallas, TX
- Brown Distributing Company, Ltd. — Austin, TX
- Brown Distributing Co. of West Palm Beach — West Palm Beach, FL
- Central States Beverage Company — Kansas City, MO
- Columbia Distributing, Kent — Kent, WA
- DeCrescente Distributing Co. — Mechanicville, NY
- Eastown Distributors Co. — Highland Park, MI
- Elite Brands of Colorado, Inc. — Denver, CO
- Florida Distributing Company — Orlando, FL
- Gretz Beer Company — Norristown, PA
- Gulf Distributing Company of Mobile, L.L.C. — Mobile, AL
- Hayden Beverage Company — Boise, ID
- High Country Beverage Corp. — Loveland, CO
- J.J. Taylor Distributing Company of MN — Minneapolis, MN
- J.J. Taylor Distributing Florida, Inc. — Tampa, FL
- John P. O’Sullivan Distributing Inc. — Flint, MI
- Kohler Distributing Co. — Hawthorne, NJ
- Lee Beverage of Wisconsin, LLC — Oshkosh, WI
- Lee Distributors, LLC — Charleston, SC
- Maletis Beverage — Portland, OR
- Mims Distributing Company, Inc. — Raleigh, NC
- Muller, Inc. — Philadelphia, PA
- Mussetter Distributing Inc. — Auburn, CA
- Oak Beverages Inc. — Blauvelt, NY
- The Odom Corporation — Bellevue, WA
- Origlio Beverage — Philadelphia, PA
- Peerless Beverage Co. — Union, NJ
- Powers Distributing Co., Inc. — Orion, MI
- Premium Distributors of Washington, D.C., LLC — Washington, D.C.
- S.R. Perrott, Inc. — Ormond Beach, FL
- Shore Point Distributing Co., Inc. — Freehold, NJ
- Town & Country Distributors Inc. — Itasca, IL
- Tri-County Beverage Co. — Warren, MI
- Windy City Distributing, LLC — Aurora, IL
“With craft beer’s tremendous growth and independent beer distributors’ excitement for building and growing craft brands, it is no surprise that once again there was a record number of nominees for the Craft Beer Distributor of the Year Award,” said NBWA President Craig Purser. “Consumers continue to demonstrate their passion for craft beer and appreciation of the wide variety of flavors beer has to offer. America’s more than 3,300 beer distributors take great pride in serving as the vehicle to market for these brands and working with craft brewers to provide choice and variety to the consumer.”
BA President Charlie Papazian applauded beer distributors for providing a valuable service by giving craft beers a presence in the marketplace. “This award recognizes the creativity, innovation and specialized services independent beer distributors are providing on behalf of independent craft brewers,” Papazian said.
According to mid-year data released by the BA, craft brewers enjoyed continued growth as American craft beer production volume increased 18 percent during the first half of 2014. According to the BA, from January through the end of June 2014, approximately 10.6 million barrels of beer were sold by craft brewers, up from 9 million barrels over the first half of 2013. The BA also reported that, as of June 30, 2014, there were 3,040 breweries operating in the United States, with 99 percent being craft breweries. That number includes 502 new breweries that opened for business since 2013.
The National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) represents the interests of America’s 3,300 licensed, independent beer distributor operations in every state, congressional district and media market across the country. Beer distributors are committed to ensuring alcohol is provided safely and responsibly to consumers of legal drinking age through the three-tier, state-based system of alcohol regulation and distribution. To learn more about America’s beer distributors, visit www.AmericasBeerDistributors.com.
The Brewers Association is the not-for-profit trade association dedicated to small and independent American brewers, their craft beers and the community of brewing enthusiasts. The Brewers Association (BA) represents more than 70 percent of the brewing industry, and its members make more than 99 percent of the beer brewed in the U.S. The BA organizes events including the World Beer Cup┬«, Great American Beer Festival┬«, Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America┬«, SAVORÔäá: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience and American Craft Beer Week. The BA publishes The New Brewer magazine and its Brewers Publications division is the largest publisher of contemporary and relevant brewing literature for today’s craft brewers and homebrewers.