Longmont, CO, and Brevard, NC – Oskar Blues Brewery, creator of the first American craft beer in a CAN, has partnered with Major Brands, Inc., in Missouri, to start distribution of the brewery’s full line-up of beers, in both CANS and on draft, as of this week.The official Oskar Blues brew launch will take place during the week of November 10 with kick-off events and a market blitz featuring a full team of Oskar Blues and Major Brands folks.
Launch parties include the following:
Monday, Nov. 10
- Louis, Dressel’s, Oskar Blues Beer Pairing menu, 5 p.m., yummy menu items paired with OB beers all night.
Tuesday, Nov. 11
- Kansas City, BD’s Mongolian BBQ Grill– Tap Takeover – 5-6:30 p.m. (Dale’s Pale Ale, Ten FIDY, Mama’s Little Yella Pils on tap).
- Kansas City, Waldo’s Pizza– Tap Takeover – 7 p.m. (Dale’s Pale Ale, Ten FIDY Imperial Stout, G’Knight Imperial Red and Deviant Dale’s IPA).
- Louis, SoHa Bar & GrillHappy Hour, 5-7 p.m.
- Louis, Eclipse– 5:30 p.m. Happy Hour (Mama’s Little Yella Pils draft, Dale’s/Old Chub Nitro/Ten FIDY/Deviant/G’Knight CANs).
- Louis, Three Kings(Drafts: Dale’s and Ten FIDY. CANs: Deviant and Mama’s).
- Louis, The Wine and Cheese Place– Beer Tasting, 4-6 p.m.
- Louis, Nick’s Pub– “Meet the Oskar Blues’ Guys Night.” Dale’s, Mama’s, Old Chub, Ten FIDY on draft. CANs: Dale’s, Mama’s, Old Chub Nitro 7:30-9:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 12
- Kansas City, All Star Pizza– Tap Takeover (Dale’s, Ten FIDY, G’Knight). 5-6:30 p.m.
- Kansas City, Anton’s– Tap Takeover (Dale’s, Ten FIDY, and Old Chub Nitro on tap) 7-8:30 p.m.
- Springfield, Brown DerbyOB Launch Party 5-7 p.m., Dale’s and Ten FIDY on tap with glassware special. CANs available for tasting and purchase: Dale’s, Dale’s 19.2 CAN, Deviant Dale’s, G’Knight Imperial Red, Mama’s Little Yella Pils, Old Chub Nitro, Old Chub Scotch Ale, and Ten FIDY.
- Springfield, The Flea Can Cooler – Tap Takeover – 7:30-8:30 p.m. Dale’s Pale Ale, Deviant, Mama Little Yella Pils, G’Knight Imperial Red, Old Chub Scotch, Old Chub Nitro, and Ten FIDY.
- Springfield, Finnegan’s Wake– Brewery Night, 8:45-9:45 p.m. Dale’s on tap. Deviant Dale’s in CANs.
- Springfield, Skinny Slims – Tap Takeover, 10:00-11:00 p.m. Dale’s Pale Ale, Deviant, Mama’s Little Yella Pils, G’Knight, Old Chub Scotch, Old Chub Nitro Ale, and Ten FIDY.
- Springfield, Feature Nights at Trolleys and Big Whiskeys.
- Louis, Cicero’s Beer School– 5:30-6:30 p.m. and 7-8 p.m.
- Columbia, Itap – Tap Takeover, 7 p.m. (Dale’s, Deviant, Old Chub Nitro, Mama’s, G’Knight, and Ten FIDY. CANs: Dale’s 19.2, G’Knight, Deviant
- Columbia, 44 Stone– Tap Takeover, 5 p.m. (Dale’s, Deviant, Old Chub Nitro, Mama’s, G’Knight, and Ten FIDY. CANs: Dale’s 19.2
- Louis, Llywelyn’sFood Pairing Event, 3 p.m. (Draft: Dale’s, Deviant, Ten FIDY. CANs: Mama’s, Old Chub). Pairings: Mama’s – Steamed Mussels,Old Chub – Pot Roast, Dale’s – Monarch Burger, Ten FIDY – Steak and Cheese, Deviant Dale’s – Chicken Curry.
- Louis, Old Standard– 5-7 p.m.- Beer Can Chicken event.
- Louis, iTapChesterfield and Soulard. Every beer on draft all night.
Thursday, Nov. 13
- Kansas City. Martin City Brewing Co.– Tap Takeover – 5-6:30 p.m. (Dale’s, Deviant, Ten FIDY, G’Knight, Old Chub on tap).
- Kansas City, Das Haus– Tap Takeover: G’Knight, Mama’s Little Yella Pils, Dale’s on draft. Old Chub and Ten FIDY in CANs. 7-8:30 p.m.
- Louis, iTap– CWE Trivia Night, 7:30 p.m. (Every beer on draft all night).
- Louis, Friar TuckCrestwood, Tasting, 4-6 p.m.
- Louis, Flying Saucer – Tap Takeover. All beers on draft 6 p.m.
- Louis, Craft Beer Cellar– 5-7 p.m.
- Louis, Shamrock’s, 7 p.m., Tap Takeover. All beers in CANs too!
Satuday, Nov. 15
- Louis, Crafty Chameleon– “Welcome to the Neighborhood” Party, 6 p.m.
Oskar Blues is bringing ALL of its award-winning beers in cans to bars, restaurants, grocery stores, and bottle shops throughout the Show-Me state.
Dale’s Pale Ale, Mama’s Little Yella Pils, and Old Chub CANS will be available in 12-ounce six-packs and a variety12-pack called CANundrum. The Dale’s and the Mama’s will also be sold in 19.2 single-serve Imperial pints or stovepipe CANs.
Oskar Blues newest CAN, Old Chub Nitro, is available in 16.4-ounce four-packs.
The Imperials, Deviant Dale’s IPA and G’Knight Red IPA, will be sold in 16-ounce four-packs. Fall/Winter Seasonal, Ten FIDY, and Spring/Summer Seasonal, GUBNA, will also be available in 12-ounce four-packs of CANS.
More about Oskar Blues’ Year-Round Brews
Dale’s Pale Ale: As Oskar Blues’ flagship beer, this American Pale Ale delivers balanced rich flavors of malts and hops (6.5% ABV, 65 IBUs). The award-winning beer was named the “Top U.S. Pale Ale” by the New York Times and is the number-one selling pale ale in Colorado.
Mama’s Little Yella Pils: This Bohemian Style Pilsner is a refreshing balance of Saaz hops and specialty German malts while providing a gentle flavor (5.3% ABV, 35 IBUs). Like summer in your mouth.
Old Chub Scotch Ale: Strong Scotch Ale, brewed with rich malts, specialty and smoked grains to deliver flavors of semi-sweet cocoa and coffee (8% ABV).
Old Chub NITRO: Old Chub, but on NITRO, which adds a creamy, velvety mouth-feel. And a little less ABV (6.8%).
G’Knight Imperial Red IPA: The dry-hopped double-red IPA embodies a strong aroma and malty hopped flavors while providing a rich finish (8.7% ABV, 60 IBUs).
Deviant Dale’s IPA: American-style India Pale Ale, exemplifies aromas of citrus, grapefruit rind and piney resins to deliver a full-flavor (8% ABV, 85 IBUs).
The Missouri launch follows additional Oskar Blues distribution in Kansas, Nevada, Delaware, Minnesota, Idaho, southern Alabama, and central California in 2014, bringing the number of states that Oskar Blues distributes in to 36 total plus Washingon, D.C
About Major Brands
Major Brands is Missouri’s largest Missouri-owned distributor of premium wine, spirits, beer and nonalcoholic beverages, with offices in Cape Girardeau, Columbia, Kansas City, Springfield and St. Louis. It serves more than 9,000 customers throughout the state. It began operations in 1934, following the repeal of Prohibition and celebrates its 80th anniversary this year.
About Oskar Blues Brewery
Founded as a brewpub by Dale Katechis in 1997, Oskar Blues Brewery launched the craft beer-in-a-can apocalypse in 2002 using a tabletop machine that sealed one can at a time. In 2008, the makers of the top-selling pale ale in ColoRADo, Dale’s Pale Ale, moved into a 35,000-square-foot facility in Longmont, ColoRADo. The brewery has since experienced explosive growth-packaging 59,000 barrels of beer in 2011 and 86,750 barrels in 2012. In December of 2012, Oskar Blues opened the doors to an additional brewery in Brevard, North Carolina. Recently, Oskar Blues secured an additional 60,000 square feet in their Colorado location to allow additional production and add six full-size Brunswick bowling lanes to the Tasty Weasel Taproom.Together, the breweries packaged 119,000 barrels of beer in 2013, distributing their trailblazing craft brews to 36 states and Washington, D.C.