Seven MillerCoors beers received individual honors, including a sweep of the “American-Style Lager or Light Lager or Pilsener.” Those wins give the brewer a combined 278 awards in the biennial World Beer Cup and annual Great American Beer Festival, both hosted by the Brewers Association. In addition this year, Coors Brewing Company and MillerCoors head brewmaster Dr. David Ryder were recognized as the champion brewery and brewmaster among large brewing companies.
Following is the complete list of brand medals won by MillerCoors:
- Coors Light — American-Style Lager or Light Lager or Pilsener
- George Killian’s Irish Red — Irish-Style Red Ale
- Winterfest (AC Golden Brewing Company) — American-Style Amber Lager
- Miller Genuine Draft — American-Style Lager or Light Lager or Pilsener
- Icehouse — American-Style Cream Ale
- Coors Banquet — American-Style Lager or Light Lager or Pilsener
- Henry Weinhard’s Blue Boar (Blitz-Weinhard Brewing) — American Style Cream Ale
“At every step, from ingredients to brewing to packaging, our team at MillerCoors is devoted to brewing the highest quality beers in America,” said Ryder. “The World Beer Cup is one of the most prestigious competitions in brewing, so to have our excellence recognized by the judges at the World Beer Cup is a true honor.”
The 2014 World Beer Cup featured competition in 94 styles of beer, with 4,754 individual beers entered. Those beers came from 1,403 breweries and 58 countries.