WHITE PLAINS, NY – Today HEINEKEN USA released their 2011 Sustainability Report, outlining the leading upscale importer’s progress across its “Brewing a Better Future” agenda. Improvement was made in several vital areas of the business, including environmental impact, people and community, and its alcohol-specific focus to promote legal and responsible consumption.
In the report, HEINEKEN USA highlights a number of key wins in 2011 including:
- Renovated its corporate headquarters in White Plains, N.Y., to meet LEED Gold certification standards
- Introduced a high-mileage hybrid car into its corporate fleet in the U.S.
- Sponsored Taxi Magic, a digital platform to help consumers easily book and pay for a taxi ride home after an evening out, provided more than 900,000 taxi rides to consumers
- Collaborated with members of the Responsible Retailing Forum to publish practices to reduce alcohol sales to minors
“We maintain a long view and seriously consider how our business treats our communities and neighbors,” said Dolf van den Brink, HEINEKEN USA President & CEO. “We are excited about the 2011 sustainability successes, but look forward to building on the ‘Building a Better Future’ platform.”
The 2010 kick-off of the “Brewing a Better Future” agenda introduced a new era of focus around sustainability. The program design was built based on input from a broad set of stakeholders. The initiative has provided HEINEKEN with a clear road map and reflects our integrated and long-term ambition to become the “World’s Greenest International Brewer.”
Brewing a Better Future focuses within strategic imperatives:
- Continuously improve the environmental impact of HEINEKEN’s brands and business
- Empower the company’s people and the communities in which it operates
- Positively impact the role of beer in society
“At HEINEKEN USA, we lead 20 programs that by 2020 will bring our words ‘Brewing a Better Future’ to life in partnership with our key stakeholders,” said Stacey Tank, Senior Vice President & Chief Corporate Relations Officer, HEINEKEN USA. “These 20 programs demonstrate our values and commitment to people and society.”
The full HEINEKEN USA sustainability report will be available online at www.heinekenusa.com/reporting_2011, and the global version, is available at
About HEINEKEN USA
HEINEKEN USA Inc., the nation’s leading upscale beer importer, is a subsidiary of Heineken International BV, the world’s most international brewer. European brands imported into the U.S. include Heineken Lager, the world’s most international beer brand; Heineken Light; Amstel Light, a leading imported light beer brand; Newcastle Brown Ale, the leading imported ale in the United States; and Buckler non-alcoholic brew. HEINEKEN USA is also the exclusive U.S. importer for the Dos Equis, Tecate, Tecate Light, Indio, Sol, Carta Blanca and Bohemia brands from Mexico. For a safe ride home, download the HEINEKEN USA—sponsored Taxi MagicÔäó application from your smartphone at taximagic.heineken.com. Please visit www.EnjoyHeinekenResponsibly.com.