It will feature seven different beers each inspired by a different piece of music from the composer Gustav Holst. Each beer will be limited and released both in six-packs and on draft according to the arrangement of Holst’s composition across all area’s Bell’s distributes to.
The first Planet beer will be released this August with each successive entry debuting about every two months after. The final beer is scheduled for release in July 2015.
“Our two most successful brands come from a couple of my great literary references. This time, I took inspiration from a great piece of music,” said Larry Bell, Bell’s President and Founder.
“This piece, being in seven movements, gives us a lot of freedom to innovate and create,” he added.
Holst conceived the idea for “The Planets” in 1913 with the first complete performance occurring in 1920. Each movement of the suite is named after a different planet and its corresponding astrological character
- “Mars, The Bringer of War” — Double IPA
- “Venus, The Bringer of Peace” — A Blonde Ale brewed with honey, apricot, vanilla and cardamom
- “Mercury, The Winged Messenger” — A Belgian Single
- “Jupiter, The Bringer of Jollity” — A malt forward Brown Ale
- “Saturn, The Bringer of Old Age” — A Bourbon Barrel-aged Barleywine
- “Uranus, The Magician” — Black Double IPA
- “Neptune, The Mystic” — A beer inspired by Dr. Bell’s Medicinal Stout, one of Larry Bell’s homebrews that also helped inspire Eccentric Ale
More information will be released as it becomes available on the Bell’s website (bellsbeer.com) as well as on its social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Google+).
ABOUT BELL’S BREWERY, INC.
Bell’s Brewery, Inc. began in 1985 with a quest for better beer and a 15 gallon soup kettle. Since then, we’ve grown into a regional craft brewery that employs more than 200 people over a 20 state area, in addition to Puerto Rico and Washington DC. The dedication to brewing flavorful, unfiltered, quality craft beers that started in 1985 is still with us today. We currently brew over 20 beers for distribution as well as many other small batch beers that are served at our pub in Kalamazoo, the Eccentric Cafe. Our ongoing goal is to brew thoughtfully, creatively and artistically. We strive to bring an authentic and pleasant experience to all of our customers through our unique ales and beers. For more information, please visit bellsbeer.com.