BOULDER, Colo. — Upslope Brewing Company, the Boulder-based brewer, today announced its latest delicious Limited Release beer offering—Rocky Mountain Kölsch.
Hitting shelves just in time for the summer season, Rocky Mountain Kölsch is layered in flavors inspired by the backcountry. Featuring the easy-drinking character of traditional German Kölsch yeast, and combined with Upslope’s innovative spin, Rocky Mountain Kölsch uses local Colorado honey, sage, and Mosaic and Lemondrop hops to create a bright, lemon citrus character with a touch of hops.
“We’re excited to introduce a brand new Limited Release seasonal that’s a bit of a style on its own. With a slew of ingredients you wouldn’t normally see together, our Rocky Mountain Kölsch began as an off-the-wall brewhouse creation that disregarded style and trends, but ultimately created a near perfect blend of nuanced flavor and easy going refreshment.” said Upslope head brewer, Sam Scruby. “Cool-fermented with traditional Kölsch yeast and aggressively dry-hopped with Lemondrop hops, this beer delivers subtle herbal hop notes, flavors of bright candied lemons and a touch of cooling sage, while local Colorado honey adds a delicate sweetness to the finish.”
Available April through June 2018, the Limited Release Rocky Mountain Kölsch will be offered in 12-ounce canned six packs at Upslope’s two Boulder tap rooms and across Upslope’s distribution region of the Rocky Mountains and southwestern United States.
Limited Release Rocky Mountain Kölsch
- Stats: 5.1% ABV, 27 IBU
- Aroma: Lemon Citrus, Sage, Honey
- Body: Light
- Color: Light Gold
- Availability: April – June 2018
- Ingredients: Snowmelt, Malt, Lemondrop hops, Mosaic hops, Colorado honey, Sage, Kölsch yeast
- Food Pairings: Pan-fried trout, lemon vinaigrette salad, Brie cheese
- Distribution: Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana, and online at Tavour.com.
Fans looking to be the first to try Upslope’s Rocky Mountain Kölsch can plan on attending various release events:
Rocky Mountain Kölsch Release Events
Thursday, April 12
- Backcountry Pizza and Tap House (6-9 pm) – Boulder, CO
- Oskar Blues Home Made Liquids & Solids (6-9 pm) – Longmont, CO
- Colorado Plus (6-9 pm) – Wheat Ridge, CO
- Lucky Strike Lanes Belmar (6-8 pm) – Lakewood, CO
- Mainline Ale House (6-9 pm) – Fort Collins, CO
- The Wild Goose Meeting House (5-8 pm) – Colorado Springs, CO
- Tavern West (5-8 pm) – Frisco, CO
- The Foundry (4-6 pm) – Winter Park, CO
- Minturn Saloon (4-6 pm) – Minturn, CO
- Vail Ale House (6-8 pm) – Vail, CO
- Derailed (4-6 pm) – Durango, CO
- The Burger Stand at Burro Alley (4-6 pm) – Santa Fe, CO
Wednesday, April 25:
- Boulders on Broadway (6-8 pm) – Tempe, AZ
Friday, April 27:
- Whole Food’s Sandia Saloon (Time TBD) – Albuquerque, NM
To learn more about Upslope Brewing Company, and its year-round and seasonal beers, visit www.upslopebrewing.com. #ApresEverything
About Upslope Brewing Co.
Boulder-based Upslope Brewing Company is the creator of premium ales and lagers that are artfully crafted using natural ingredients. Packaged in aluminum cans for exceptional portability and because it’s best for the environment, Upslope complements the outdoor lifestyle and caters to the on-the-go beer enthusiast. The five flagship beers include: Citra Pale Ale, India Pale Ale, Brown Ale, Craft Lager, and Imperial India Pale Ale. Additional installments are offered in a Limited Release Series, the Lee Hill Series and the Tap Room Series. In an ongoing effort to protect watersheds nationwide, and the key ingredient in Upslope ales and lagers, one percent of Upslope Craft Lager can sales benefits local Trout Unlimited chapters in the state in which the beer is purchased. Learn more about Upslope at www.upslopebrewing.com.