ESCONDIDO, Calif. — An unlikely pair on a serendipitous adventure, the story of Loral and Dr. Rudi is one of smooth beginnings and bitter endings. It’s a novel of epic proportions, a journey in every sip. Like the crisp pages of a new best-seller, Stone Brewing announces the release of Stone Loral & Dr. Rudi’s Inevitable Adventure Double IPA.
She was elegant with flowers in her hair. He was stubborn, reeking of herb and highly unrefined. Differences aside, the two unsuspecting characters set forth on a wild adventure. The story that unfurls is nothing short of a narrative for the senses. The aroma is intensely floral with subtle herbal notes. Loral shines through in the flavor with citrus, peach and hints of fresh berries while Dr. Rudi’s resin and pine carry throughout alongside notes of white sage. It’s refreshing, crisp and smooth with mild bitterness and an ABV that boosts the overall aromas and flavors of this inevitable adventure.
“We have been a bit obsessed with Loral hops lately,” said Jeremy Moynier, Stone Brewing Senior Innovation Manager. “We’re loving its bright, floral qualities and have been impressed with the hop on its own and blended with others. Dr. Rudi is an older hop, one we haven’t used much lately and we were blown away by how the two complement one another – a good example of how sometimes opposites attract.”
So while the tale of Loral & Dr. Rudi will go on in history, the seasonal beer is best enjoyed fresh. Stone Loral & Dr. Rudi’s Inevitable Adventure Double IPA will debut this week in 22-ounce bottles, 12-ounce bottled six-packs and on draft nationwide.
- Name: Stone Loral & Dr. Rudi’s Inevitable Adventure Double IPA
- Web: Stonebrewing.com/inevitable
- Stats: 8.9% ABV, 84 IBUs
- Availability: Limited release in 12-ounce six-pack bottles, 22-ounce bottles and draft
- Featured Hops: Loral and Dr. Rudi
- National Distribution: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE, NM, ND, NV, NJ, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA and WI
- International Distribution: Australia, China, Costa Rica, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand
- Find Beer: find.stonebrewing.com
- Appearance: Light golden. White, foamy head with medium size bubbles.
- Aroma: Intense floral up front with peach, resin and pine. There are also subtle herbal hints.
- Taste: Citrus, peach, and hints of fresh berries with notes of herbal and white sage. Lots of resin and pine throughout.
- Palate: Very refreshing, crisp, and smooth, especially for this high ABV. There is a mild bitterness on the finish.
- Overall: This beer proves the theory that opposites attract. The elegant Loral with floral, citrus, and hints of noble qualities hooks up with a tie-dye wearing friend of a friend from out of town, who is dank and full of resin and pine. It works! People may find it hard to believe that this is 8.9% but the ABV definitely helps boost the wonderful aromas and flavors in this very drinkable beer. Have another!
- Starters: Black Tiger Shrimp Ceviche*, Sliced Papaya with Lime and Salt, Honey Sriracha Quail Knots*, Chicken Karaage Steamed Buns**
- Soups and Salads: Yum Woon Sen (Thai Noodle Salad), Baby Gem Caesar Salad*, Caprese Salad, Gazpacho, Tomato Basil Soup
- Main Courses: Gyro with Tzatziki Sauce, Citrus Glazed Pork Chop**, Spicy Lamb Sausage Rigatoni**, Capellini Pomodoro, Sea Scallops
- Desserts: Mango Mochi, Pot de Crème with Fresh Berries, Cherry Ice Cream, Lemon Gelato with Ginger Cookies
*Pairings available at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Escondido. View full menu here.
**Pairings available at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens — Liberty Station. View full menu here.
About Stone Brewing
Founded by Greg Koch and Steve Wagner in 1996, the groundbreaking San Diego-based Stone Brewing is the 9th largest craft brewer in the United States. Recognized as an award-winning, industry leader, Stone has been listed on the Inc. 500 | 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies list 12 times, has been called the “All-time Top Brewery on Planet Earth” by BeerAdvocate magazine twice. The multifaceted company is the first American craft brewer to independently build, own and operate their own brewery in Europe (Berlin, Germany), and also opened a production brewery in Richmond, Virginia in 2016. Known for its bold, flavorful and largely hop-centric beers, Stone has earned a reputation for brewing outstanding, unique beers while maintaining an unwavering commitment to sustainability, business ethics, philanthropy and the art of brewing…and pledging to never, ever, sell out to the man. For more information on Stone Brewing, please visit stonebrewing.com or the company’s social media sites: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.