ESCONDIDO, Calif. — Like a savior to their disciples, Stone Brewing extols the glory of the almighty hop with its latest release, Stone Exalted IPA. The first in the Stone Hop Worship Seasonal IPA Series, the crisp and citrusy blend of hops is now available in 12-ounce can six-packs nationwide.
The divine qualities of Loral & Citra hops give this beer beautiful aromas of fresh citrus, elegant floral notes and mild grain and wheat characteristics. Lemon and lime flavors are accented by Thai basil and a big floral component, resulting in a beer that is crisp with lingering citrus flavors and bitterness.
In an elevated state of reverence, Stone Brewing Executive Chairman & co-founder Greg Koch preached, “It’s true, there are still many poor souls out there who have not yet accepted the glory of the almighty hop into their hearts. We pledge to be tireless in our quest to help beer drinkers around the world find righteousness when basked in the halo of the hop. This beer, Stone Exalted IPA, is presented in our humble service to that noble end!” Back on solid ground, he added, “Our brewing team really knows a thing or two about their hops. Stone Exalted IPA is an exemplary display of their ability to create entirely new flavor profiles with the careful execution of hop blending. I certainly find myself on higher ground thanks to their incredible work.”
Stone’s zealous brewers are challenged on the daily to take their passion for hops to the next level. The Stone Hop Worship Seasonal IPA Series is the result of just that challenge. Experts in the individual flavor profiles of hops old and new, brewers meticulously blend hop selections to meet specific flavor qualities. Case in point: Stone Exalted IPA. Glory be to those who imbibe it in its freshest form and faithfully rejoice in their worship of the Hop.
- Name: Stone Exalted IPA
- Web: stonebrewing.com/exalted
- Stats: 7% ABV, 55 IBUs
- Availability: 12-ounce cans in seasonal six-packs and draft
- Featured Hops: Citra and Loral
- National Distribution: Nationwide
- International Distribution: Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Malta, Mexico, Norway, Panama, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and The U.K.
- Find Beer:find.stonebrewing.com
- Appearance: Straw yellow, clear, with a thin white head.
- Aroma: Citrus hits right up front. Beautiful aromas of fresh lemon and lime, starfruit, elegant floral notes and fresh hops. Mild grain and wheat characteristics come through as well.
Taste: Citrus dominates throughout this beer, especially with lemon and lime. Fresh Thai basil and a big floral component accentuate the citrusy flavors.
- Palate: This beer has a very crisp finish with lingering citrus flavors and bitterness.
- Overall: The Stone Hop Revolver series has allowed us to really show off the individuality of particular hop varieties. The Stone Hop Worship Seasonal IPA Series takes this to another level and showcases the art of blending hops. Loral and Citra combine to make a citrus bomb that also offers quite a bit of complexity with nice floral and herb characteristics.
- Starters: Coconut Shrimp, Honey Sriracha Quail Knots*, Chicken Karaage Steamed Buns**, Stuffed Grape Leaves, Merguez Sausage
- Soups and Salads: Green Papaya Salad, Chopped Greek Salad, Gazpacho, Fennel Lover’s Roasted Tomato-Fennel Soup**
- Main Courses: Citrus Glazed Pork Chop**, Petrale Sole, Grilled Mahi-Mahi Tacos, Stir-Fried Vegetables, Carnitas Tacos
- Desserts: Key-Lime Pie, Lemon Gelato, Coconut Cake, Kulfi, Grapefruit Panna Cotta**
*Pairings available at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Escondido. View full menu here.
**Pairings available at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station. View full menu here.
About Stone Brewing
Founded by Greg Koch and Steve Wagner in 1996, the groundbreaking San Diego-based Stone Brewing is the 9th largest craft brewer in the United States. Recognized as an award-winning, industry leader, Stone has been listed on the Inc. 500 | 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies list 12 times, has been called the “All-time Top Brewery on Planet Earth” by BeerAdvocate magazine twice. The multifaceted company is the first American craft brewer to independently build, own and operate their own brewery in Europe (Berlin, Germany), and also opened a production brewery in Richmond, Virginia in 2016. Known for its bold, flavorful and largely hop-centric beers, Stone has earned a reputation for brewing outstanding, unique beers while maintaining an unwavering commitment to sustainability, business ethics, philanthropy and the art of brewing…and pledging to never, ever, sell out to the man. For more information on Stone Brewing, please visit stonebrewing.com or the company’s social media sites: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.