TAMPA BAY, Fla. – Sea Dog Brewing Co – Clearwater’s Master Brewer, Robert Baker, is known for his creative use of food-inspired brew and he’s just announced his Fall line-up. Most recently, his Shipyard Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout was chosen as one of 2015’s Epcot Food & Wine Festival featured drafts, proceeding his Maple Bacon Stout, featured in 2014. With 15 taps open daily, 7 are national brands and 8 are Bobby Brewer exclusives.
A few sweet-inspirations on Bobby Brewer’s tap this Fall include:
Chocolate Cherry Custard Milk Stout: 6.6% ABV | 32 IBUs
- Dessert never tasted so good! Full bodied milk stout with strong chocolate and cherries up front with the creaminess of custard on the back. It will satisfy that sweet tooth!
Trick ‘R Treater: 6.7% ABV | 25 IBUs
- This Reese’s Peanut Butter Brown Ale has a sweet nose of chocolate and peanut butter upfront, with a creamy body and hint of sweetness on the finish. As a medium body nut brown, it has the right balance of peanut butter and chocolate.
Danube Imperial Brown Ale: 8.1% ABV | 19 IBUs
- Named after a Hungarian river, this full-bodied Imperial Brown Ale has been aged on dark Hungarian oak which adds a smooth earthiness. Bold flavors attack the taste buds with chocolate and caramel melding with wood tones. Pinkies up!
“Straight from Compton” Hard Root Beer: 8.0% ABV | 15 IBUs
- This mean-mugging ale is perfect in any frosty glass. Flavors of traditional old-fashioned root beer are what you will find. Licorice root, vanilla, brown sugar, and sarsaparilla are flavors that stand out the most. This brew has a nice creamy body as we added lactose back to mix. Don’t let this brew trick you with its easy drinking profile, it will take you out!
Sweet Potato Pie Brown Ale: 4.9% ABV | 22.8 IBUs
- This beer has all the flavors of a fresh warm sweet potato pie. Upfront, you catch notes sweet potato, followed by spice. Lastly, it finishes like a warm crust. It is full of flavors yet easy to drink. The dryness of the brown ale balances all the sweet undertones of the sweet potato.
About Bobby the Brewer
A local Florida native to Safety Harbor, Bobby Baker’s education begins in science with a Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical Science from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach. His brewer training with Sea Dog began in Bangor, Maine in 2012. There he learned the old-world English style brewing of beer. Sea Dog’s brewing system is a Peter-Austin system, which was the first generation of microbreweries, and was developed by Mr. Austin himself in England in 1978. Upon learning the trade of brewing, his inspiration to develop new recipes for Sea Dog was insatiable. Now, Baker has the freedom to develop recipes on a weekly basis- some that stay in the tasting room & and some that venture into Sea Dog’s on-premise accounts. He oversees a 20-barrel brewing system at the Clearwater location, responsible for the distribution of beer all the way from Key West to Pensacola. Most of his inspiration comes from local chefs, and food inspired beer. Offering beers with such diverse flavor profiles, Baker enjoys knowing that his customers can always expect a complex -food driven beverage.