ALEXANDRIA, Va. — On Friday, November 16, Port City Brewing Company welcomes back Dunkel, part of the brewery’s popular Rotating Lager Series. The traditional, easy-drinking dark lager from the beer halls of Bavaria is deep copper with predominant malt notes of biscuits and bread crust, kept in check by a moderating noble hop character.
“Too often, people think that all dark beers are rich and heavy,” says founder Bill Butcher. “Dunkel dispels that notion – it’s a clean, balanced beer that still retains the depth of flavor we work so hard to ensure is present in every one of our beers.”
Port City will celebrate Dunkel’s return with a release party at the brewery on Friday, November 16th, with market releases following.
Tasting Room Release Party
- Friday, November 16, 2018
- Port City Brewing Company, 3950 Wheeler Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304
- Website: https://www.portcitybrewing.com/events/lager-series-release-dunkel/
Northern Virginia Release Party
- Wednesday, November 28, 2018
- Tyson’s Biergarten, 8346 Leesburg Pike, Tysons, VA 22182
DC Release & Repeal Day Party
- Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- Meridian Pint, 3400 11th St NW, Washington, DC 20010
Maryland Release & National Lager Day Party
- Monday, December 10, 2018
- Gilly’s, 2009 Chapman Ave, Rockville, MD 20852
- Munich-style Dunkel, 5% ABV, 15 IBUs
- Available on draft throughout Port City’s nine state distribution area
- Website: https://www.portcitybrewing.com/the-beer-old/lager-series/
ABOUT PORT CITY
Port City Brewing Company is an award-winning brewery that brews, serves, and ships beer to the D.C. and Mid-Atlantic market. They brew an exciting lineup of year-round brews, as well as an innovative slate of seasonal and occasional beers. 2015 Great American Beer Festival® Small Brewing Company of the Year.