Lincolnwood, IL – Louis Glunz Beer, Inc., Chicago’s premier craft and specialty import beer distributor, announces the addition of Pacific Coast Cider to its catalog. From the Lodi, CA-based Cider Brothers, Pacific Coast Cider offers an array of dry, refreshing handcrafted hard ciders. Through Glunz, Pacific Coast Cider is currently available throughout Chicago.
“The Cider Brothers’ winemaking background heavily influences their approach to making ciders,” says Anthony Norkus, brand manager for Louis Glunz Beer, Inc. “They make interesting additions that amplify their products, maintaining a flavor profile that’s balanced and on the drier side—ingredients from strawberries to their family’s Pinot Grigio—ideal for ushering in warmer weather.”
Cider Brothers’ Pacific Coast ciders currently distributed by Glunz and available to area restaurants, bars, and retailers include:
- Dry Hard Apple (6.0% ABV): With a wisp of pale gold and a tint of green on the edge, Dry Hard Apple has a hint of tannin balanced by ripe green apple and lime, leading to a creamy richness in the finish. With slight carbonation, tiny bubbles, active with enticing apple aromas, jump out of the glass.
- Dry Hard Apple with Pinot Grigio (6.0% ABV): With a clear pale straw color, the candied apple aromas layer with hints of lime and the addition of crisp Pinot Grigio. A soft, lingering finish and a little tannic bite follow in the Dry Hard Apple with Pinot Grigio.
- Dry Hard Apple with Strawberry (6.0% ABV): Resembling a crisp rosé wine in color and taste, fruity aromas of fresh strawberries, vanilla cream, and honey lead to sweet citrus, melon, and mineral flavors in this strawberry tinted Dry Hard Apple cider. Medium bodied and well-balanced, it starts slightly sweet, but finishes dry.
- (New) Dry Hard Apple with Wild Cherry (6.0% ABV): A light red color and an enticing wild cherry and cinnamon punch sets the Dry Hard Apple with Wild Cherry cider apart. French oak adds complexity, body, and a lingering hint of spice on the finish. Medium bodied, it gives off a touch of sweetness with well-balanced acidity.
- (New) Dry Hard Apple with Mango and Muscat (6.0 ABV): A distinct blend of hand-crafted hard apple cider, delicately floral Muscat wine and lush, tropical mango lends the newly announced Dry Hard Apple with Mango and Muscat.
Paul and Michael Scotto, fifth-generation winemakers known as the Cider Brothers, produce Pacific Coast Hard Apple Cider in Lodi, CA. These nationally available award-winning ciders come to Chicago in four-packs of 16-ounce cans and 1/2 bbl and 1/6 bbl kegs. Pacific Coast Cider is one of two cider brands the Cider Brothers produce.
In choosing to work with Glunz, Michael Scotto says, “We’re excited to have Louis Glunz representing Pacific Coast Hard Ciders in Northern Illinois. Just like our company, Glunz is family-owned and operated and has over a century of adult-beverage industry experience. Glunz is famous for their customer-first attitude and building long-term supplier partnerships as they focus on one thing—being the craft beverage expert in the Chicago area.”
Paul Scotto adds, “Our Pacific Coast Hard Apple Ciders are award-winning craft beverages. It takes a skilled distribution partner like Glunz to convey the advantages of our proprietary Frost Fermentation technique, the labor-intensive fermentation process, and our groundbreaking flavors like Dry Hard Apple with Pinot Grigio—the first combination of premium California wine and cider from five varieties of fresh pressed apple juice.”
About Louis Glunz Beer, Inc:
Founded in 1888 by Louis Glunz I in Chicago, Louis Glunz Beer, Inc. (7100 N. Capitol Drive, Lincolnwood, IL 60712; 847.676.9500) is among the oldest beer distributors in the United States, proudly offering Chicagoland the most comprehensive selection of craft, specialty, and import beers representing more than 190 breweries around the globe. The 128-year-old company continually receives recognition for its innovative, family-owned business, including Beverage Industry’s 2013 Wholesaler of the Year, the National Beer Wholesalers Association 2013 Public Affairs Award, and the 2013 Loyola Illinois Family Business of the Year Award. Heading the company is President Jack Glunz, the grandson of the founder, with day-to-day operations led by five of his seven children as members of the fourth generation and with members of the fifth generation also on staff. Louis Glunz Beer, Inc. is dedicated to quality service and beer education.