EUGENE, Ore. — Crafted for warm weather, Ninkasi Brewing Company brings back its sunny seasonal, Maiden the Shade Summer IPA, and launches its new Summer IPA Variety 12-Pack, featuring a mix of the brewery’s best IPAs in bottles and cans. Available May through September, both offerings can be found throughout Ninkasi’s distribution footprint.
Maiden the Shade Summer IPA
Deemed a Summer IPA, Maiden the Shade captures a complex hop profile paired with an exceptionally smooth body. Inspired by the annual Oregon Country Fair, a three-day summer festival held in Oregon, Maiden the Shade is bold, dank and bursting with floral notes. Available next month, Maiden the Shade Summer IPA can be found on-tap and in 12 and 22-ounce bottles.
“When we first brewed this beer, we set out to capture the perfect warm-weather IPA,” says Jamie Floyd, Ninkasi founding brewer and co-founder. “Brewed with eight hop varieties and flaked barley, this beer’s multi-layer hop complexity is complemented by a smooth body, making it a go-to for any summertime fun.”
Maiden the Shade Summer IPA Stats
Bold and drinkable, this Summer IPA captures an impressively balanced hop complexity. An adventurous hop bouquet of eight select varieties is complemented by the use of flaked barley to create a beer that is as robust as it is easy to sip. Kick back and enjoy!
- Style: Summer IPA
- Series: Seasonal Release Series
- Available: May – September
- ABV: 6.8%
- IBU: 72
- Malt: 2-Row Pale, Vienna, Flaked Barley
- Hops: Summit, Centennial, Simcoe, Columbus, Crystal, Palisade, Amarillo, Magnum
- Packaging: 12oz. 6-Pack, Summer Variety 12-Pack, 22oz. Bottles, Draft
- Tasting Notes: This beer has been dubbed a summer IPA. Powerful combinations of many different kinds of hops give it a big hop profile. We added flaked barley to the beer to make for a smooth body and a lighter summer-style IPA. Another Ninkasi cult favorite!
- Food Pairings: BBQ, Fresh Vegetables, Fish Tacos, Savory French Toast
- Distribution: Alaska; Alberta; Arizona; California; Colorado; Idaho; Maryland; Nevada; New York; Oregon; Utah; Washington; Virginia; and Vancouver, British Columbia.
Summer IPA Variety 12-Pack
Also set to release this May, Ninkasi debuts its Summer IPA Variety 12-Pack, highlighting an assortment of IPAs for any palate or occasion. The new variety pack includes 12-ounce bottles of Total Domination IPA, Tricerahops Double IPA, Maiden the Shade Summer IPA, and 12-ounce cans of Prismatic Juicy IPA.
“This Summer IPA Pack really demonstrates the versatility of the IPA style,” says Floyd. “Whether your cheersing with bottles in the backyard or heading to the river with cans, this variety pack is ready to go wherever you choose to adventure this summer.”
The Summer IPA Variety 12-Pack Includes:
Total Domination IPA – 6.7% ABV, 81 IBU
- This decidedly balanced Northwest IPA celebrates our love of hops. A delightful blend of citrus and floral hop notes dominate the senses while a trio of malt adds a clean finish. Totally hoppy, totally drinkable; the name says it all.
Maiden the Shade Summer IPA – 6.8% ABV, 72 IBU
- Bold and drinkable, this Summer IPA captures an impressively balanced hop complexity. An adventurous hop bouquet of eight select varieties is complemented by the use of flaked barley to create a beer that is as robust as it is easy to sip. Kick back and enjoy!
Tricerahops Double IPA – 8.0% ABV, 84 IBU
- A colossal hop profile defines this deceivingly drinkable Double IPA. Earthy and floral hops meld with a generous amount of malt, making Tricerahops incredibly bold and balanced. Hoppy, intensely flavorful and smooth, it’s double everything you already love in an IPA.
Prismatic Juicy IPA **In Cans!** – 5.9% ABV, 36 IBU
- Juicy hops burst with notes of pineapple, passionfruit and guava in this irresistibly flavorful IPA. Dry-hopped with Mosaic and Simcoe CRYO HOPS®, Prismatic offers a deliciously colorful hop experience.
To track down Maiden the Shade Summer IPA or the Summer IPA Variety 12-Pack, visit DrinkNinkasi.com.
About Ninkasi Brewing Company
Founded in 2006 by Jamie Floyd and Nikos Ridge, Ninkasi Brewing Company continues to grow from its first batch of Total Domination IPA to the 33rd largest craft brewery in the United States. Independently owned and operated in Eugene, Ore., Ninkasi’s Flagship beers include Total Domination IPA, Tricerahops Double IPA, Dawn of the Red IPA, Hop Cooler Citrus IPA, Prismatic Juicy IPA, Pacific Rain Northwest Pale, Yours Truly Easy-Drinking Ale, Helles Belles Helles Lager, and Vanilla Oatis Oatmeal Stout. Ninkasi beers are sold throughout Alaska; Alberta; Arizona; California; Colorado; Idaho; Maryland; Nevada; New York; Oregon; Utah; Washington; Virginia; and Vancouver, British Columbia. Committed to community support and giving, Ninkasi’s Beer Is Love program offers donations to 501(c)(3) organizations throughout its footprint. For more information, call 541.344.2739 or visit www.NinkasiBrewing.com.