Ft. Collins, Colo.—New Belgium Brewing today announced its 2014 national schedule for Clips Beer & Film Tour; the beer-toting, film-traveling, nonprofit-benefitting show that will stop in twenty-one cities this year. From May to November the tour will travel coast-to-coast for its fifth season. Clips is a free event, with all proceeds from beer sales going to local nonprofits. Since its inception in 2010, Clips Beer & Film Tour has raised nearly $370,000 for nonprofits nationwide.
Clips offers a venue where guests can try New Belgium’s more esoteric beer offerings, while watching short films created by New Belgium fans. Up to 18 beer varieties will be on tap, including some of the more hard-to-come-by beers from the Lips of Faith sereis, as well as brewery classics.
New Belgium beers will be available in 3-ounce samples or a 12-ounce pour. Served up by local beneficiary volunteers, there’s plenty of fun to be had alongside a host of traveling tricks and contests. Food from local vendors will also be available.
“Clips have — inspires an atmosphere that celebrates creativity and gives people a fun way to enjoy an evening out,” said Christie Catania, Clips National Special Events Manager. “We set the stage for people to come together , enjoy some beer, friends, films, , and donate to their community- all under the stars in a local park. It’s a great time for all.”
New Belgium selects approximately 20 short films for the tour each season from an online film competition.
During each stop, New Belgium tries to leave as little of an environmental footprint as possible. Since its inception, Clips has diverted 85 percent of event waste from landfills, and partners with local organizations in each city to keep the events clean and green.
2014 Clips Beer & Film Tour will roll through each of the following cities:
- Kansas City, MO May 22 Theis Park
- Bloomington, IN May 30 Bryan Park
- Chicago, IL June 6 Eckhart Park
- Milwaukee, WI June 12 Veteran’s Park
- Madison, WI June 19 Olin Park
- Grand Rapids, MI June 27 Ah-Nab-Awen Park
- Boulder, CO July 11 29th Street Mall
- Colorado Springs, CO July 17 America the Beautiful Park
- Seattle, WA July 25 Gas Works Park
- Davis, CA August 1 Community Park
- Berkeley, CA August 9 Martin Luther King Jr. Civic Center Park
- Santa Barbara, CA August 15 Chase Palm Park
- Asheville, NC September 5 Pack Square Park: Roger McGuire Green
- Charlottesville, VA September 12 Washington Park: Lower Field
- Atlanta, GA September 19 Fourth Ward Skatepark Field
- Charleston, SC September 25 Marion Square
- Charlotte, NC October 3 Independence Park
- Nashville, TN October 9 Centennial Park
- Tampa, FL October 17 Curtis Hixon Park
- Miami, FL October 24 TBD
- Austin, TX November 6 Republic Square Park
About New Belgium Brewing Company
New Belgium Brewing, makers of Fat Tire Amber Ale and a host of Belgian-inspired beers, is recognized as one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work and one of the Wall Street Journal’s Best Small Businesses. The 100% employee-owned brewery is a Platinum-level Bicycle Friendly Business as designated by the League of American Bicyclists, and one of World Blu’s most democratic U.S. businesses, and a Certified B Corp. In addition to Fat Tire, New Belgium brews nine year-round beers; Ranger IPA, Rampant Imperial IPA, Shift Pale Lager, Snapshot Wheat, Sunshine Wheat, 1554 Black Lager, Blue Paddle Pilsener, Abbey Belgian Ale and Trippel. Learn more atwww.newbelgium.com.