Natchez, MS – Natchez Brewing Company has signed a distribution contract with Metairie’s Southern Eagle Distributing Company. The partnership plans to launch the beers to the New Orleans Market in early August of this year (exact date TBD). This approximate eight-week window gives Natchez Brewing enough time to brew a fresh inventory for New Orleans, which is expected to be the brewery’s biggest market for sales.
Earlier this year Natchez Brewing moved from its previous downtown location on Franklin Street into its current location at 207 High Street in historic downtown Natchez, MS. This expansion into a new brew house is crucial in facilitating two big changes for Natchez Brewing:
- The bigger brew system (15 barrels) was needed so Natchez Brewing could scale-up beer production before launching into Baton Rouge and New Orleans – two heavy beer-drinking cities that are rapidly adopting craft beer. (A Baton Rouge launch is expected later this year.)
- The new taproom capitalizes on a recent Mississippi state law change, which will come into effect July first of this year, that allows its breweries to sell a modest percentage of their beer directly to the consumer from the brewery.
Natchez Brewing Co. currently offers these beers in bottles and on draught:
- Bluff City Blonde American Blonde Ale Straw-colored refreshing session ale with a light body and hint of hops. An easy drinking brew and a great introduction to craft beer for those who have yet to cross over!
- Alt-ered State German Style AmberWell-balanced, bitter yet malty, smooth amber colored German ale. The all German malt base gives it a rich sweet malty flavor with a light body. The addition of noble German hops makes for a mildly bitter and pleasant aroma.
- Old Capital India Pale Ale (the newest Natchez beer, released march 2017)
Cloudy, rich apricot-colored IPA that screams tropical fruit. The Combination of West Coast and Southern Hemisphere hops add hints of pineapple and Mango.
- Southern Grace Berliner Weisse (spring seasonal)Light colored, German style sour ale that has hints of lemon, passion fruit and pear with a distinct and refreshing tartness.
- Uncle Neville the Devil Red India Pale Ale (summer seasonal)
Dark red to amber color with a rich malty backbone supported by a floral aroma and hoppy grapefruit taste.
Natchez Brewing Company’s beer is already distributed throughout the state of Mississippi through A&B Distributing Co., Mitchell Distributing Co. and Southern Beverage Co., as well as in Northeast Louisiana with Marsala Beverage Co.