White Plains, N.Y. — Heineken USA has announced a new partnership with experiential marketing platform, Gratafy, to give complimentary beers to consumers 21+ in key markets nationwide via Facebook and Twitter. The campaign will connect fans in social settings through social media inLos Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Houston, by offering a free Heineken, Heineken Light or Dos Equis at restaurants and bars partnered with Gratafy through November. Once the offer is activated (or following a brief survey for their time for fans in Los Angeles and San Francisco), fans provide their digital Gratafy code when settling the bill to receive their draft or bottle. This marks the largest social sampling program ever via Facebook, as well as the first time a brand has partnered to sample beer via Twitter.
“Heineken has always put a premium on reaching customers in innovative ways, and we’re truly excited about this partnership,” said Ron Amram, Senior Media Director, Heineken USA. “Facebook and Twitter are areas where our customers frequent the most, and through Gratafy, we’re connecting with them in arguably their most social setting, to offer a complimentary Heineken, Heineken Light, or Dos Equis.”
On the heels of the recent #SubwaySymphony campaign, consumers in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and Houston will be rewarded for opening their world by receiving an opportunity to get a complimentary Heineken lager or Heineken Light— the recent two-time award winner of the Best Tasting Low Calorie Lager at the World Beer Championships. In October, to coincide with Dos Equis’ annual Masquerade campaign, customers in Los Angeles and Houston will receive an offer from the Most Interesting Man in the World himself, complimentary for a Dos Equis draft or bottle.
“We are excited to power this revolutionary program, which will offer thousands of consumers an innovative, simple, and fun way to experience Heineken’s beers at great restaurants and bars,” said Brian Erke, CEO of Gratafy.
Terms and Conditions:
- Beginning August 25th Users in Los Angeles, Chicago, and Houston will be invited to sample a Heineken,Heineken Light, or Dos Equis via social media or can click here now.
- All users must pass an age gate verifying they are age 21+.
- A smartphone is required to participate and get a Gratafy redemption code.
- Gratafy redemption codes are generated per user, per smartphone device, and are only valid at the associated restaurant or bar chosen by the user.
- Active Gratafy redemption codes are valid for that user on a one-time use basis at the restaurant or bar at anytime up until the expiration date stated on screen.
- Users may provide their phone number to easily retrieve their Gratafy redemption code in the future via text message from their smartphone.
- Users visit the restaurant or bar they selected, order their Heineken like normal, and pay using their active Gratafy redemption code displayed on their smartphone.
About HEINEKEN USA:
HEINEKEN USA Inc., the nation’s leading upscale beer importer, is a subsidiary of Heineken International BV, the world’s most international brewer. European brands imported into the U.S. include Heineken Lager, the world’s most international beer brand, Heineken Light, Amstel Light, Newcastle Brown Ale, and Strongbow cider. HEINEKEN USA also imports the Dos Equis portfolio, Tecate portfolio, Sol, Indio, Carta Blanca and Bohemia brands from Mexico. For a safe ride home, download the HEINEKEN USA-sponsored Taxi Magic™ application from your smartphone at taximagic.heineken.com.
Gratafy (www.gratafy.com) is an award-winning experiential marketing platform that brings brands, merchants, and consumers together inside of restaurants and bars – where many of life’s most memorable experiences and conversations take place. Gratafy works with merchant and brand partners enabling them, as well as consumers, to send individual menu items and gift cards to friends, family, and customers. Gifts are redeemed inside the restaurant or bar through Gratafy’s patent-pending POS integration technology. Launched in 2012, Gratafy is a privately held company based in Seattle.