BALTIMORE, MD — Heavy Seas Beer’s fall/winter seasonal is about to make it’s triumphal return! “It was our first international gold medal winning beer,” said brewery founder, Hugh Sisson. “And I’m not supposed to say it, but I think it may be my favorite beer!”
The Imperial ESB will be available from October to December in all 18 states where Heavy Seas beer is distributed.
Winter Storm draws on hops from both the West Coast and the UK for its elegant bitterness. A ruddy hued, richly flavored ale, Winter Storm has subtle aromas of nutty malts, earthy hops, and a trace of cocoa. This is a perfect beer for fall and winter, especially because of its warming qualities.
“I also think it’s one of the best beer names ever,” said Sisson. “Everytime the winter weather gets iffy, every TV and radio station in the country is advertising the name of our beer for free!”
- Style: Imperial Extra Special Bitter (ESB)
- ABV: 7.5%
- Availability: October – December
- Malts: 2-row, Crystal, Caramalt, Chocolate Malt
- Hops: Warrior, UK Goldings, UK Fuggles, Cascade, Centennial
- Suggested Food Pairings: Brie or Havarti cheese, Pan-seared steak