HOUSTON – Just in time for patio-weather, Freetail Brewing Co. has made good on a promise made last spring and is rolling into Houston next week. Local wholesaler, Silver Eagle Distributors, will begin delivering the San Antonio-based brews to accounts across Houston and surrounding areas beginning Monday, March 30.
In March of 2014, Freetail signed on with Silver Eagle for an initial distribution based in its hometown city of San Antonio. At that time, Scott Metzger, founder and CEO of Freetail, promised Houstonians they would be the first market outside of Freetail’s home base to receive the beer, and beginning next week this promise will come true.
“Bringing Freetail to beer lovers across Houston has been on the forefront of my mind for several years,” explains Metzger. “Signing on with Silver Eagle a little over a year ago has been a great fit, as it has allowed Freetail to both become more readily available in its home market of San Antonio, and now reach all the great Houstonians whom have supported us over the years.”
The completion of Freetail’s new 30,000 square foot brewing facility last year gave the brewery the capacity to produce up to 40,000 barrels or 550,800 cases per year. This, combined with Freetail’s 100% growth rate in 2014, made continued expansion the logical next step for the brewery.
“Since partnering with Freetail Brewing Co. last year, we knew it was only time before the great beers from this San Antonio brewery would make their way to the residents of Houston,” says John L. Nau, president and CEO, Silver Eagle Distributors. “We are thrilled this day has finally come and that we can now share Freetail’s thirst-quenching line-up with Houstonians, both the many who are already fans of the beer and others who will be introduced to the line-up for the first time.”
The initial roll-out will be draft only, and includes four year-round core brands and a limited-release seasonal option. An additional core brand and seasonal variety will hit the market in late April. The line-up coming to bars, restaurants and select special events beginning Monday includes:
- Bat Outta Helles – A traditional Munich-style helles lager equal to the hottest of Houston days. Don’t let its pale, straw-color fool you–Bat Outta Helles is full of bready malt character and expressively balanced with herbal, European hops.
- Soul Doubt – Freetail’s resinous Third Coast IPA; very pale and pilsner-like in color, this flagship IPA catches you off guard–bursting with citrus and pine hop flavors and aroma. A full, fruity malt backbone leaves no doubt where your soul may find satisfaction.
- Freetail Original – An American amber ale, boasting a deep copper hue and a huge caramel-infused maltiness balanced with a healthy dose of American and European hops.
- Witicus – Brewed with pils malt, malted rye and raw wheat, this Ameri-Belgo-style ale is bursting with fruit esters of pear, pineapple and citrus from Freetail’s favorite yeast strain.
- Tadarida Oscura (limited-release seasonal) – A black IPA that pours dark and opaque, but close your eyes and you’ll swear you’re drinking a paler version. A combination of caramel and de-bittered black malts along with an array of dank, citrusy American hops are used to create this mistaken impression.
Special events to debut Freetail throughout Houston and surrounding areas will take place at local bars all next week. More information on these events can be found at:https://silvereagle.com/
About Freetail Brewing Co.
Freetail Brewing Co. was founded in 2008 on the pursuit of creating exciting, innovative and unique world class beer. We embrace the laid back and fun-loving Texas culture and set out to create products that mirror the lifestyle of our diverse and rapidly growing community. We believe in promoting an increased appreciation of craft products and their responsible enjoyment. For more information visit www.freetailbrewing.com.
About Silver Eagle Distributors
Silver Eagle Distributors, L.P. is the nation’s second largest beer distributor. The company employs more than 1,400 employees that serve 16 counties in Texas through operations in Houston, San Antonio, Pasadena, Cypress, Conroe and Rosenberg. Silver Eagle distributes a broad selection of domestic and import brands as well as microbrews and craft beers and several non-alcohol beverages and waters. For more information, visit www.silvereagle.com.