NORMAL, Ill. — DESTIHL Brewery is gearing up for its highly anticipated Dosvidanya Day Bottle Release Party, taking place on Saturday, November 18th, 2017, from 12-6pm. A limited number of tickets are available for advance purchase through Eventbrite.com.
Dosvidanya is widely recognized as one of the best Russian Imperial Stouts on the market, its variants having won back-to-back Gold Medals in the most competitive Strong Stout category and Best-in-Show accolades at the National Wood-Aged Beer Competition held in Chicago at the Festival of Barrel-Aged Beer (‘FoBAB’) in 2015 (for Dosvidanya) and Runner-Up Best in Show in 2016 (for Dosvidanya Rye).
In addition, Dosvidanya is the 2015 GABF Bronze Medal winner in the Wood and Barrel-Aged Strong Stout category. Dosvidanya was also recently named the “Best Beer in Illinois” by ‘Craft Beer and Brewing Magazine’.
This year’s Dosvidanya Day is marked with additional distinctions of being DESTIHL’s 10th anniversary as well as the first Dosvidanya release since the opening of the company’s massive new production brewery & Beer Hall in May and the last batch of Dosvidanya brewed at the old production brewery.
To commemorate these significant events, DESTIHL will be unveiling four variants of Dosvidanya, including two 10th anniversary variants which will be available exclusively at the brewery (although a limited amount of the anniversary variants will also be available for sale at DESTIHL’s two brewpubs on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving). The list includes:
- Dosvidanya (Bourbon Barrel-Aged Russian Imperial Stout) (Gold Medal Strong Stout and Best in Show at FoBAB 2015 and Bronze medal in the 2015 GABF Wood and Barrel-Aged Strong Stout Category)
- Dosvidanya Rye (Rye Whiskey Barrel-Aged Russian Imperial Stout brewed with rye) (Gold Medal Strong Stout and Runner-Up Best in Show at FoBAB 2016)
- Dosvidanya – 10th Anniversary Edition (Russian Imperial Stout brewed at the old brewery and aged in Heaven Hill Bourbon Barrels for 8 months)
- Dosvidanya Vanilla Rye – 10th Anniversary Edition (Russian Imperial Stout with Vanilla Bean, aged in Buffalo Trace Rye Whiskey Barrels for 8 months
“We really want to turn Dosvidanya Day into an experience, not just a bottle release…one that more and more people will look forward to each year” said Founder, CEO and Brewmaster, Matt Potts.
TICKETS TO DOSVIDANYA DAY are limited to 700 and fewer than 250 tickets remain available as of 10/24. Tickets are sold on Eventbrite (https://goo.gl/6DWCQW) as well as on DESTIHL’s Dosvidanya Day Facebook event page (https://goo.gl/SCuy3i) until they sell out. These tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If there are any tickets left once Dosvidanya Day starts, they can be purchased at the brewery during the event. EVERY $80 TICKET INCLUDES:
- Four (4) 500ml bottles – One (1) of each Dosvidanya variant listed above
- Access to purchase additional waxed bottles of the 10th Anniversary Dosvidanya variants and a very limited Brewmaster’s vertical cellar release of 2016 Dosvidanya, signed by Brewmaster Matt Potts – Sold individually for $25/500ml per bottle, only while supplies last, first come first served.
- Access to our new brewery’s production floor for self-guided tours and Four (4) 4oz. samples of exclusive, limited release beers (including another Dosvidanya variant not available elsewhere) & face time with the brewers
- 50% off a future guided brewery tour
- 10% off merchandise in the Brewery Shop
- Entry into a raffle for one of these items (travel expenses not included):
- Two admission tickets to GABF 2018
- Two admission tickets to FoBAB 2018
- Two tickets to next year’s Dosvidanya Day 2018
Timed releases of Dosvidanya on draft will also be released throughout the day in the Beer Hall, and are available for sale to all in attendance (no ticket required), while supplies last:
- All Day – Dosvidanya Bourbon Barrel-Aged Russian Imperial Stout
- 12:00pm – Dosvidanya – 10th Anniversary Edition
- 2:00pm – Dosvidanya Rye
- 4:00pm – Dosvidanya Bourbon Barrel & Coffee-Aged Russian Imperial Stout
- 6:00pm – Dosvidanya Vanilla Rye – 10th Anniversary Edition
Dosvidanya’s four variants clock in at 12.5% Alc./Vol. and over 83 IBU. These beers are among the best in the world for their style and can easily be cellared in a cool environment. We suggest enjoying one now and laying one down in the cellar.
About DESTIHL Brewery
DESTIHL opened its first gastrobrewpub™(DESTIHL Restaurant & Brew Works) in Normal, Illinois, in November 2007 and added its second gastrobrewpub in downtown Champaign, Illinois, in April 2011, where the company focuses on both artisan food and beers. The company’s original production brewery in Bloomington, IL commenced operations on May 31, 2013, but production was moved to its new facility in Normal, IL in March 2017. DESTIHL Brewery combines centuries-old, global brewing traditions and new American craft brewing ingenuity & artisanship to produce a wide array of beers for every palate. The result is a diverse offering of intensely flavorful beers that are anything but bland. The brewery currently distributes its beers in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin with availability in Washington, D.C. as well.Please feel free to share this information across your networks and media outlets as you see fit. If you have any additional questions, would like to come out to the brewery, or would like to sample and review our beers as new brands and seasonals are released and need samples, I would be happy to accommodate you.