EUGENE, Ore. — Ninkasi Brewing Company announces the addition of Dawn of the Red, an India Red Ale, to its year-round Flagship Series lineup starting February 15 across the brewery’s distribution footprint.
Originally released as a Rare & Delicious (R&D) Series beer, an experimental small-batch series, Dawn of the Red was first brewed out of a want to offer an IPA using new hop varieties, including El Dorado and Mosaic hops. The beer immediately became a favorite, advancing itself to the Ninkasi Special Release Series in 2014. Once again, the fanfare for this beer was undeniable, making it an easy decision to add it to the 2015 Ninkasi Flagship Series.
“The idea for this beer was to make a super drinkable, hoppy beer with a touch of caramel malt to bring some dryness and malt-flavor into the finish,” explains Ninkasi founding brewer and co-founder, Jamie Floyd, who had been wanting to brew an IRA for some time.
Ninkasi’s Flagship Series lineup offers a full spectrum of beer styles, including the brewery’s first Flagship beer – Total Domination IPA – alongside Tricerahops Double IPA, Oatis Oatmeal Stout, Vanilla Oatis Oatmeal Stout, and a year-round German-Style Helles Lager, Lux.
Find all Ninkasi Flagship Series beers, here: www.ninkasibrewing.com/delicious/beers.
Join a Dawn of the Red Zombie Pub Crawl, February 13 & 14!
Ninkasi will be hosting zombie pub crawls in 18 cities across the west, February 13 and 14. Participants will get the first taste of this beer before its official release on February 15. Locations and details can be found online at www.ninkasibrewing.com/ninkasi-events. Costumes are encouraged.
Dawn of the Red Stats:
An IRA bursting with tropical notes, this beer finishes juicy with a subtle malty backbone. After one taste, it’ll leave you wanting more. It doesn’t take brains to know this IRA is a delicious choice any time of year!
- Style: India Red Ale
- Series: Flagship Series
- Available: February 15-December 31, 2015
- ABV: 7.0%
- IBU: 75
- Starting Gravity: 1072
- Malt: 2-Row Pale, CaraRed, Crystal, Flaked Barley, Black
- Hops: Galena, Millennium, Ahtanum, El Dorado, Mosaic
- Packaging: 12oz. 6-pack, 12oz. Variety 12-Pack, 22oz. Bottles, 22oz. Variety 4-Pack, Draft
- Distribution: Alaska; Alberta; Arizona; California; Colorado; Idaho; Nevada; Oregon; Washington; and Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Tasting Notes: Mango, papaya, pineapple and stone fruit notes burst out with bitterness up front. Sustained by a subtle malt flavor, this beer finishes smooth, leaving one ready for the next sip of this flavortastic beer.
- Food Pairings Chicken, Seafood, Burgers, Spicy Cuisine like Thai or Mexican, Fish Tacos, Savory French Toast
About Ninkasi Brewing Company:
Founded in 2006 by Jamie Floyd and Nikos Ridge, Ninkasi Brewing Company continues to grow from its first batch of Total Domination IPA, to two brewhouses, a 55-barrel and a 90-barrel brewhouse, located in Eugene, Ore. Ninkasi’s Flagship beers—Total Domination IPA, Tricerahops Double IPA, Believer Double Red, Oatis Oatmeal Stout, and Vanilla Oatis Oatmeal Stout—are sold throughout Alaska; Alberta; Arizona; California; Colorado; Idaho; Nevada; Oregon; Washington; and Vancouver, British Columbia. The brewery remains privately-owned and is committed to community support and giving. Ninkasi’s Beer Is Love program offers in-kind donations and support for organizations throughout its footprint.
For more information, call 541.344.2739 or visit www.NinkasiBrewing.com.