Coronado Brewing Launches in Massachusetts

Coronado, CA — Coronado Brewing has announced it will be entering a new partnership with Massachusetts Beverage Alliance (MBA), making its west coast products available to Massachusetts’s craft beer drinkers the week of February 10th. Coronado Brewing cofounder Rick Chapman will be visiting the market with the team, helping launch the beer to retailers and craft brew fans alike the week of February 17th.

While the partnership was announced by MBA earlier this month, key market events that will be attended by the brewery team are as follows:

  • Monday 2/17 – 6pm – Central Wharf Co – 160 Milk St., Boston – Massachusetts Grand Kick Off — Entire team of Coronado members on hand including co founder Rick Chapman. Beer and food pairings.
  • Tuesday 2/18 – 4pm – Julio’s Liquors 140 Turnpike Rd., Westborough – Meet and Greet with Rick Chapman and Coronado sampling
  • Tuesday 2/18 – 7pm – Rail Trail Flatbread Co. – 33 Main St., Hudson – Coronado Brewing Pint Night
  • Tuesday 2/18 – 6pm – Plan B Burger Bar – 1000 W Columbus Ave., Springfield – Western Mass Coronado Launch Party
  • Wednesday 2/19 – 4:30pm – Craft Beer Cellar – 142 Littleton Rd., Westford – Coronado Sampling with CBC co-founder Rick Chapman
  • Wednesday 2/19 – 6pm – British Beer Company – 149 Littleton Rd., Westford – Coronado Brewing Tap Takeover
  • Wednesday 2/19 – 6pm – Natty Greene’s Tavern – 79 East St., North Attleboro –

Coronado Brewing Pint Night

  • Thursday 2/20 – 7pm – The Independent – 75 Union Square, Somerville – Coronado Brewing Tap Takeover
  • Thursday 2/20 – 6pm – Flynn’s – 219 North Main Street, Mansfield – Coronado Brewing Tap Take Over
“Being in Massachusetts really puts us on the east coast map,” said Coronado cofounder Rick Chapman. “But we’re ready excited to share our west coast hoppy brews with this important part of the US.”
Massachusetts Beverage Alliance (MBA) grew sales 97 percent in 2013. Of the 91,312 additional cases sold over 2012, 56.2 percent of the growth came from new acquisitions, while the remaining 43.8 percent was driven by established brands. In total, MBA sold 185,744 cases in 2013.
About Coronado Brewing Company:
In 1996, when craft beer was still a foreign term and San Diego County was home to only a handful of breweries, the Chapman brothers Ron and Rick opened a brewpub in their hometown of Coronado.
CBC brews abundantly hoppy West Coast-style ales staying true to their San Diego roots. They began distributing their beers throughout the local market, and today you can find Coronado beers in 13 states across the US. In addition to their long established pub in Coronado, the company opened a tasting room inside their newly built San Diego production facility in early 2013.
About the Massachusetts Beverage:
Alliance The Massachusetts Beverage Alliance LLC is a network of like- minded beer distributors who share the mission of providing, promoting, and building quality craft and specialty import beer and ciders throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Alliance’s network consists of five wholesale partners — Atlas Distributing Inc., Burke Distributing, Colonial Wholesale Beverage, Commercial Distributing Company and Merrimack Valley Distributing Company. Together with our brewer partners, we are committed to bringing the freshest and best tasting beer to consumers and retail partners in our respective markets.
Brewbound Job Board

The leading job board for the beer industry. Featuring hundreds of jobs from leading breweries and associated companies.

Brewbound Marketplace Listing

The Brewbound Marketplace features listings for equipment, services, and more. Post a listing today.

Brewbound's Database of Breweries

Brewbound's database of breweries includes thousands of breweries from around the world.

Beer Events Calendar

A public calendar of events that are happening in the beer industry

View calendar | Post Event
Brewbound Live Winter 2020

Santa Monica, CA ● Dec. 3+4, 2020

Early Registration Open
Brewbound Podcast

The Brewbound Podcast features interviews with beer industry executives and entrepreneurs, along with highlights and commentary from the weekly news. New episodes every Thursday.

Brewbound Job Board

A weekly live-streamed discussion series with beer industry leaders and watchers on the business adjustments being made during the COVID-19 crisis and the future of the industry.