Sonoma County, Calif. — This fall, Bear Republic Brewing Company® fan favorite Racer X®is racing back to shelves, and arriving in a store near you. A seasonal release, the inspirational big brother of Racer 5® embodies the role of big brother with bold hops and a smooth, firm malt backbone. Racer X® is one of our most extraordinary offerings available, with exceedingly limited production and distribution.
The beer community has given Racer X® amazing praise over the years. With a rating of 100 on Ratebeer.com, a 95 on Beeradvocate.com, and a 4-star rating on Untappd, the Racer X® recipe was originally created over twelve years ago by Brewmaster/COO, Richard “Ricardo” Norgrove, and has been released annually since, with limited availability nationwide.
One of our most anticipated seasonal releases of the year, Racer X®, an elusive Double IPA, is a four-time California State Fair Award Winner, with three silver medals and one bronze.
About the Beer:
- Description: Racer X® is an uncommon Double India Pale Ale which puts a California twist on English brewing traditions by adding an assertive hop aroma and bitterness that compliments the firm malt backbone. Like its little brother Racer 5®, Racer X® is balance in a bottle.
- Pairing Suggestions: Barbecue, Spicy Foods, Beef, Poultry, Pork Dishes, Bold Cheeses, Aged Cheddar & Hard Cheeses
- Availability: Limited 22 oz. bottles and draft
- Hops: Cascade, Columbus, Centennial
- ABV: 8.3% – IBUs: 100+ – Double IPA
Racer X® is available at our brewpub in Healdsburg now.
To find Racer X® near you, please visit www.bearrepublic.com/bear-tracker
Bear Republic develops hand-crafted ales and lagers brewed and aged using the traditional “art” of the masters. All ingredients are hand selected for each batch. Bear Republic works hard to foster a sense of loyalty and tradition from eras gone by.