Cloverdale, Calif. — Bear Republic Brewing Company of Cloverdale, California has signed with Clear River Beverage to distribute their products in Minnesota. Bear Republic has won 22 medals at the Great American Beer Festival and was named the GABF Small Brewing Company and Brewmaster of the Year in 2006.
“Bear Republic Brewing Company is excited to be introducing our beer to the state of Minnesota.” Said BRBC Sales Manager Jonathan Williman. He added, “After a lengthy process of evaluating several states and distribution partners, we are looking forward to partnering with Clear River Beverage, a company that that shares the same values and dedication as we do here at Bear Republic.”
Clear River Beverage CEO Bill Huth said, “We are excited to have a brewery with the reputation and standards that Bear Republic has for their brands available now in Minnesota. We are confident their world class beer will be well received in the vibrant, burgeoning craft market that is the Twin Cities.”
Bear Republic will be entering the Minnesota marketplace with 6 pack, 12 ounce bottles of their core selections along with a few select brands in draught starting June 1st. Further brands will be introduced over the summer months. The official rollout will be Saturday, June 4th during the St. Paul Summer Beer Fest at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
Bear Republic Core Brands in Minnesota:
- Racer 5 IPA – This hoppy IPA is a full bodied beer brewed with malted barley, wheat, and crystal malts. The malt base is designed to highlight the unique floral qualities Columbus and Cascade hops from the Pacific Northwest. Racer 5 is one of America’s most medal winning IPAs. There’s a trophy in every glass. 7.5% ABV, 75 IBU. Available in 6 pack bottles and draught.
- Hop Rod Rye — A high gravity IPA brewed with 18% rye malt. Hop Rod Rye has a floral hop aroma and subtle caramel notes with a slightly earthy and spicy rye character. 8.0% ABV, 80 IBU. Available in 6 pack bottles and draught.
- Red Rocket Ale — Red Rocket Ale is a bastardized Scottish style red ale that traces its origins to our homebrew roots. This full bodied and hoppy brew finishes on the palate with sweet, caramel malt flavors. 6.8% ABV, 67 IBU. Available in 6 pack bottles.
- Grand Am — Inspired by our team’s passion for racing, Grand-Am™ is an American Pale Ale worthy of the “Racer” family. True to our roots, this sessionable yet assertive ale balances both classic and new American hop varieties with a distinct malt backbone. 6.0% ABV, 50 IBU. Available in 6 pack bottles.
- Big Bear Black Stout — Big Bear is a big, black, stout you can really sink your teeth into. The bold, roasty, caramel malt flavor is balanced by Centennial and Cascade hops.. 8.1% ABV, 55 IBU. Available in 6 pack bottles.
About Bear Republic Brewing Company
Located in the heart of Wine Country, on the corner of Healdsburg’s historic downtown square, Bear Republic Brewing Company offers world class handcrafted ales. Established in 1995 by third and fourth generation Sonoma County residents, the Norgrove family invites you to discover their portfolio of amazing brews.
Bear Republic beers are brewed and aged following our time tested and proven methods. We hand select only the choicest ingredients for each batch. The specialty grains and hops used by Bear Republic have been chosen for their unique characteristics. The recipes and their final formulations were developed over a period of several years. Those wonderful home brewing sessions and the lessons learned from trial and error have established the solid foundations for each recipe’s commercial equivalents. It’s our goal to continually develop new recipes using our time tested brewing methods. We work hard at fostering a sense of loyalty and tradition from eras gone by.
The team at Bear Republic is driven to bring you fresh, never-filtered, hand-crafted beer.
The daring and bold brews of Bear Republic have earned top honors in the American brewing industry. Racer 5 IPA® is one of the most award-winning beers in the USA. In 2006, Bear Republic won the Small Brewing Company and Brewmaster of the Year from the Great American Beer Festival®. Brewmaster Rich Norgrove likens this to winning the Daytona 500. To date, Bear Republic has won 22 medals from the Great American Beer Festival®. Additionally, we have won various medals from the World Beer Cup®, Good Food Awards™, The California State Fair, and many more.