NEW YORK, NY – With the holidays around the corner, Stella Artois is collaborating with Olivia Culpo to share inspiration for how to shine as a host this season. Known for hosting standout affairs, Stella Artois tapped the fashion icon and foodie to share personal tips for making any holiday gathering – big or small – one to remember. By teaming up with Olivia to share her inspiration for a stellar holiday gathering, Stella Artois hopes to inspire Americans to elevate their holiday festivities from ordinary to extraordinary this year.
“Sparkling as a host lies in the thoughtful and personal details that make any occasion more memorable,” said Olivia. “The holidays are my favorite time to host because my family has so many great traditions and memories that have been passed down through each generation. Stella Artois is rich with heritage during the holidays, which is why I’m so excited to collaborate and combine our perspectives to inspire people to make their holiday gatherings special this year.”
“Stella Artois has a long legacy of hosting memorable occasions; in fact, Stella Artois was originally brewed as a gift for the town of Leuven, Belgium and was named after the holiday star,” said Harry Lewis, vice president, Stella Artois. “During this special time of year, Stella Artois makes gatherings with loved ones even more special, and working with Olivia to tap into her love of entertaining is what makes this partnership all the more festive and fitting to the season.”
Inspired by the brand’s namesake story and to celebrate the holiday season, Stella Artois and Olivia Culpo will co-host an evening under the stars in New York City on the eve of the sky’s brightest night, the Leonid Meteor Shower on November 17. Together, they will bring to life all the ways consumers can make their gatherings shine this season.
The festive night will bring to life personal touches from both Olivia Culpo and Stella Artois that are essential to holiday hosting. From an elevated comfort food menu that pairs deliciously with the iconic Belgian lager to a repertoire of seasonal Stella Artois Cidre cocktails, the event provides the perfect backdrop for sharing new and unique ways to elevate holiday entertaining.
“This time of year is filled with so many nostalgic flavors that take me right back to being at home with my family,” added Olivia. “Nothing feels more like being home for the holidays than the taste of cranberries and rosemary, and that’s why I knew I had to incorporate them into my signature drink, the Stella Artois Cidre Sparkler. It’s the perfect light and effervescent holiday cocktail.”
Olivia Culpo’s Stella Artois Cidre Sparkler
To make homemade syrup:
- 1.5 cup cranberries
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 rosemary springs
Bring cranberries and water to a boil and cook until cranberries are soft (approx. 8 minutes) and can be crushed with a spoon. Remove from heat, add sugar and rosemary, stir to dissolve sugar. Let steep for at least one hour, strain and press the juice from the berries. Chill.
To build the cocktail:
- .75 oz homemade rosemary cranberry syrup
- .25 oz lime juice
- 1 bottle Stella Artois Cidre
Build cocktail in a tin shaker, add ice and strain into Stella Artois Cidre wine glass. Garnish with rosemary sprig.
To further inspire people to infuse their personal touches into holiday hosting as part of its “Host One to Remember” campaign, Stella Artois will make entertaining easier than ever before:
- New Limited Edition 750 ml Stella Artois Holiday Bottle: For the first time, Stella Artois’ limited edition festive green 750 ml holiday bottle is available for purchase. This year consumers can purchase the single 750 ml Stella Artois holiday bottle as the perfect centerpiece, holiday meal accompaniment, or hostess gift.
- Limited Edition Stella Artois Gift Pack: Providing beer lovers everywhere with the perfect gift-giving option, the limited edition Stella Artois gift pack is available at retailers nationwide and comes with the festive green 750 ml Stella Artois holiday bottle paired with two gold-trimmed holiday Chalices.
- Immersive Content on Social: To provide inspiration for consumers on social media, Stella Artois will launch a series of dynamic video and tap-to-engage content on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to showcase how the lager is the perfect complement to holiday occasions.
- Sparkling Seasonal Cocktails: In addition to Olivia’s sparkling seasonal cocktail, get in the holiday spirit with these festive Stella Artois Cidre drink recipes. Whether it’s a punch bowl recipe to feed a party or a hot toddy for a night in, these cocktails will help you shine as a host all season long.
Stella Artois Cidre Pomegranate Punch (Serves Six)
Credit: Chef Omar Flores (Dallas, TX)
For the Pomegranate Ginger Syrup:
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Molasses
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped Ginger
- 2 cups Water
Simmer all ingredients together in small sauce pot for three minutes. Remove from heat and allow to steep for 20-25 minutes. Strain, cool and reserve.
- 6 sprigs of Mint
- 6 Apple Wedges, thinly sliced
- 6 tsp. Pomegranate Seeds
To make the cocktail:
- 6 bottles of Stella Artois Cidre
- 12 fl. oz. Pomegranate Juice
- Juice of 3 Lemons
- 6 fl. oz. Pomegranate Ginger Syrup
Combine lemon juice, pomegranate juice, pomegranate ginger syrup and Stella Artois Cidre in a punch bowl and stir to mix. To serve, pour over ice into a Collins glass and garnish with sliced apple, pomegranate seeds and fresh mint. Enjoy!
Stella Artois Cidre Spiced Toddy (Single Serving)
Credit: Anna Worgess (Nantucket, MA)
For the Chinese 5-Spice Syrup:
- 2 tbsp. Chinese 5-Spice Powder
- 1 tbsp. Orange Zest
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 cups Water
Warm three cups of water and one cup of brown sugar over medium-high heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Add Chinese 5-Spice Power and orange zest; lower heat to prevent boiling. Bring syrup to a low simmer and immediately remove from heat. (Note: 5-Spice Powder will cause syrup to thicken considerably if boiled — it is best if this can be avoided). Let syrup cool to room temperature. Strain through a fine mesh sieve lined with a layer of cheesecloth. Syrup will keep for up to one week in refrigerator.
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Star Anise
For the cocktail:
- 1 bottle of Stella Artois Cidre (preferably unchilled)
- ¾ oz. Chinese 5-Spice Syrup
- Orange Twist
- 2-3 Dashes of Orange Bitters
- Hot Water
Combine Chinese 5-Spice Syrup and one large orange peel swath in the base of a Stella Artois Cidre glass. Muddle both gently in base of glass to release orange oil. Top with one bottle of Stella Artois Cidre and add hot water to taste. Finish with 2-3 dashes of orange bitters and garnish with two cloves and one star anise.
Warm Apple Cidre
Credit: Chef Andre Marrero (Nantucket, MA)
- Whipped Cream
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Orange (to zest)
For the cocktail:
- 6 bottles of Stella Artois Cidre
- 10 grams Ginger
- 2 pieces Star Anise
- 1 tsp. Unsalted Butter
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
Mix Stella Artois Cidre in sauce pot along with other ingredients, except butter. Bring to a boil, then lower flame and reduce down to approximately 1 cup. Strain and discard solids; whisk in butter. Pour hot Stella Artois Cidre mixture into a mug. Top with whipped cream and vanilla extract. Garnish with cinnamon stick and orange zest.
Share how you are hosting memorable occasions with @StellaArtois and #HostOneToRemember.
About Stella Artois
Stella Artois® is part of a Belgian brewing tradition dating back to 1366. It is the No. 1 Belgian beer in the world and is present in over 80 countries. Stella Artois® is a bottom filtered, blonde pilsner. It is thirst quenching with a malty middle and crisp finish delivering a full flavor and a hint of bitterness. Stella Artois® is best enjoyed served between 3 and 5 degrees Celsius and should be served in the unique Stella Artois® Chalice according to the 9-Step Pouring Ritual to guarantee a perfect experience of this gold standard lager. Visit www.stellaartois.com for more information.