SweetWater Brewing has tapped Superior Beverage Group for distribution coverage throughout the Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio markets, the brewery announced today. The news comes a month after Sweetwater, which is based in Atlanta, Ga.,detailed its initial plans to expand its reach in the Buckeye State.
Youngstown, Akron, Canton and surrounding areas are also encompassed within Superior Beverage’s distribution territory, according to the statement.
SweetWater also plans to launch distribution in Cincinnati, Dayton and Toledo, though wholesale partners for those areas have not yet been announced. The brewery plans to make its beers, including 420 Extra Pale Ale and SweetWater IPA, available in the state by September.
Last week, the brewery named distribution partners in Mississippi, rounding its footprint to 10 states and Washington D.C.
The full release is below:
ATLANTA – On the heels of SweetWater Brewery’s recent announcement to launch distribution in the state of Ohio, the Southeastern craft brewery announces the Columbus and Cleveland wholesaler assigned to distribute the beers locally throughout northern and central Ohio. Announcements on remaining Oho markets still to be determined.
Through diligent planning and wholesaler assignments, SweetWater proudly names Superior Beverage Group to cover both the Columbus and Cleveland markets, which also entail Youngstown, Akron, Canton and surrounding areas. With their recently expanded production capacity, SweetWater’s current distribution footprint covers the Southeastern United States including Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Louisiana, Virginia and D.C.
SweetWater will bring their notoriously hoppy ales to the area starting with its flagship, 420 Extra Pale Ale, IPA, Blue and Take Two Pils on draft alongside bottles, cans and Tackle Box variety packs in off-premise grocery, package and s bottle shops including:
· 420 Extra Pale Ale – SweetWater’s 420 is a West Coast style pale ale with big hops and a crisp finish. First brewed on April 20, 1997, 420 is extremely well-balanced which makes it a perfect introduction to a new town – that’s why we say “drink ‘em if you got ‘em!” Rolling out in 6-pack bottles, 12-pack cans and draft.
· SweetWater IPA – This mammoth India Pale Ale (IPA) is dry-hopped to the gills delivering a kick-you-in-the-teeth hop chop. The brew is unfiltered to leave all the natural flavors intact. SweetWater IPA won first place in a blind tasting against 15 of the best IPA’s in the country held by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Rolling out in 6-pack bottles, 12-pack cans and draft.
· SweetWater Blue – SweetWater Blue is a unique, lighter-bodied wheat ale enhanced with blueberries. This ain’t no fruit beer, but it is our breakfast beer, and perfect for hanging on a warm Ohio day. Rolling out in 6-pack bottles and on draft.
· Take Two Pils – A golden blonde German pilsner brewed with spicy floral hops and a head-first trip down the rabbit hole of lagers. Call us in the morning! Rolling out in 6-pack bottles and draft.
· SweetWater Tackle Box – The SweetWater Tackle Box variety pack is a hefty 12-pack collection featuring three of SweetWater’s favorite year round brews, along with a fourth catch and release seasonal specialty in each box.
A crew from SweetWater will taste their way around the area with sampling celebrations and sponsored events kicking off the week of Oct. 6 in Columbus, and the week of Oct. 13 for Cleveland, Canton, Akron, Youngstown and surrounding markets. For the full schedule and participating locations, visit SweetWater’s Facebook Page.
Online fans can wet their whistles too by following the brewery’s Ohio Facebook page for details on how to enter SweetWater’s “Catch a Trout Tap” contest rewarding the first locals to spot their tap handles with free SweetWater Schwag.
ABOUT SWEETWATER BREWING COMPANY
Living by the motto “Don’t float the mainstream,” SweetWater Brewery has been blazing its own path in craft beer throughout the Southeast since its inception in 1997. With a brewer calling the shots, quality of beer—and life—are always most important in crafting a lineup of lip-smackin’ brews. Widely known for its flagship 420 Extra Pale Ale, SweetWater also serves up an ever-evolving Catch & Release seasonal lineup of brews and an off-beat, one-off Dank Tank series. SweetWater invites folks to join them for tours and tastings of their Atlanta brewery every Wednesday through Sunday. Visit www.sweetwaterbrew.com for more info about SweetWater, or hang out with your social thang out by following SweetWater on Twitter/Instagram @sweetwaterbrew, or on Facebook at facebook.com/sweetwaterbrew. And always remember; drink ‘em if you got ‘em!