Sierra Nevada has released the highly anticipated Beer Camp Across America mixed 12-pack, a collaborative release showcasing the work of a dozen craft breweries from across the country.
Beyond national availability, the 10 bottles and two cans that make up the variety pack will also be poured at each stop of the Beer Camp Across America roaming beer festival, a seven-city tour scheduled to commence July 19 in Sierra Nevada’s hometown of Chico, Calif.
“A lot of creativity and hard work went into the Beer Camp Across America 12-pack, and we’re excited to finally share it with drinkers,” said Ken Grossman, founder of Sierra Nevada, in a news release. “We’ll pour these beers at every festival stop with hundreds of other craft brewers who are pushing the boundaries of our industry.”
The suggested retail price for the pack will be $24.99, according to Ryan Arnold, Sierra Nevada’s communications manager.
Bill Covaleski, founder of Downington, Penn.’s Victory Brewing Co., collaborated with Sierra Nevada on Alt Route, one of the mixed pack’s bottled offerings. At the time of the project’s announcement, he told Brewbound that being asked to brew with Sierra was an “amazing dream.”
“The pressure is on to make a beer worthy of this moment and we are stoked for the challenge,” he said last July.
Nearly 700 craft brewers from all over the United States have signed up to participate in the Beer Camp Across America fest and Sierra Nevada said it anticipates pouring more than 1,300 different beers during the multi-city tour.
The festival will finish in Mills River, N.C. and culminate with the public opening of Sierra’s new east coast brewing facility. The addition of extra capacity at the company’s new plant should allow Sierra to join the one-million barrel club in 2014 — the brewery made 985,000 barrels in 2013.
A full statement from Sierra Nevada, with tour dates and collaborating partners, is below:
Chico, CA—Less than two weeks shy of the kickoff to Beer Camp Across America, an unprecedented seven-city traveling beer festival, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. has released a one-time-only Beer Camp Across America mixed 12-pack to beer shelves across the nation.
Sierra Nevada partnered with a dozen exceptional craft breweries to create 12 different beers for one mixed 12-pack—including 10 bottles and two cans—a first in the craft beer world. These brewers will board the Beer Camp Across America tour bus later this month and hit the open road to take part in the largest craft beer celebration in history.
“A lot of creativity and hard work went into the Beer Camp Across America 12-pack, and we’re excited to finally share it with drinkers,” said Ken Grossman, founder of Sierra Nevada. “We’ll pour these beers at every festival stop with hundreds of other craft brewers who are pushing the boundaries of our industry. It’s a traveling party, and we’re going to have a great time.”
The Beer Camp Across America 12-pack features the following coveted breweries, which were selected for their innovation and reputation for brewing world-class beers. Craft drinkers can explore all dozen beers in full detail at www.SierraNevada.com/BeerCamp.
- Allagash Brewing Company, Portland, ME | Myron’s Walk Belgian-Style Pale Ale
- Asheville Brewers Alliance, Asheville, NC | Tater Ridge Scottish Ale
- Ballast Point Brewing Company, San Diego, CA | Electric Ray India Pale Lager
- Bell’s Brewery, Inc., Kalamazoo, MI | Maillard’s Odyssey Imperial Dark Ale
- Cigar City Brewing, Tampa, FL | Yonder Bock Tropical Maibock (CAN)
- Firestone Walker Brewing Company, Paso Robles, CA | Torpedo Pilsner
- New Glarus Brewing Company, New Glarus, WI | There and Back English-Style Bitter
- Ninkasi Brewing Company, Eugene, OR | Double Latte Coffee Milk Stout
- Oskar Blues Brewery, Longmont, CO/Brevard, NC | CANfusion Rye Bock (CAN)
- Russian River Brewing Company, Santa Rosa, CA | Yvan the Great Belgian-Style Blonde
- 3 Floyds Brewing Company, Munster, IN | Chico King Pale Ale
- Victory Brewing Company, Downingtown, PA | Alt Route Altbier
More than 700 craft brewers from around the country have already signed on for the multi-weekend Beer Camp Across America tour, which kicks off July 19 in Chico, Calif. With around 1,400 total craft beers on tap, collectively representing almost every state in the union, the event is shaping up to be unlike any to date.
Tickets for the seven Beer Camp Across America festivals are on sale at www.SierraNevada.com/BeerCamp. General admission is $65, which includes a commemorative tasting glass and unlimited tastings where possible, as well as live music from the provocative Oregon-based MarchFourth Marching Band. Local food trucks will be on hand with tasty offerings for purchase. The tour path:
- Sat, July 19: Northwest Edition at Sierra Nevada Hop Field in Chico, CA, 12-5 p.m.
- Sun, July 20: Southwest Edition at Embarcadero North in San Diego, CA, 1-6 p.m.
- Fri, July 25: Rocky Mountain Edition at Civic Center Park in Denver, CO, 5-10 p.m.
- Sun, July 27: Midwest Edition at Navy Pier in Chicago, IL, 12-5 p.m.
- Fri, August 1: New England Edition at Thompson’s Point in Portland, ME, 5-10 p.m.
- Sat, August 2: Mid-Atlantic Edition at Penn Treaty Park in Philadelphia, PA, 12-5 p.m.
- Sun, August 3: Southeast Edition in Mills River, NC, 1-6 p.m.
About Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Founded in 1980, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is one of America’s premier craft breweries, highly regarded for using only whole-cone hops and the finest quality ingredients. The pioneering spirit that launched Sierra Nevada spans more than three decades, with innovation emerging from both the brewhouse and sustainability initiatives. Sierra Nevada has set the standard for artisan brewers worldwide as a winner of numerous awards for its extensive line of beers including Pale Ale, Torpedo®, Porter, Stout, Kellerweis® and a host of seasonal, specialty and limited release beers. Learn more at www.sierranevada.com.