Portland, OR – The Portland Fruit Beer Festival (June 7th & 8th) reveals the 25+ strong list of extremely rare beers that will rotate on four at a time until they run out. These beers, mostly in 5-10 gallon small kegs represent vintage, small batch, barrel-aged and one-off brews painstakingly culled by the organizers and are always a popular addition to the regular 25 beers/breweries announced. Note some of these kegs will be tapped at specific times during the fest and those are noted in red parenthesis next to the beer.
This All-Ages Fest features both beers and ciders many created just for this event and using fruits from Strawberry’s and Pears to more exotic Mayme fruit and Cherimoya. The styles of the beers range from light tart wheats to barrel-aged sour beers and even Mango and Grape infused IPA’s. On site food vendors and non-alcoholic beverages provided by Bunk Sandwiches, Pulehu Pizza and Burnside Brewing Co.
Advanced General Admission tickets are now available online or at the pub at Burnside Brewing or you can get tickets at the gates. The festival will be held at 7th & E. Burnside in Portland in both the Burnside Brewing parking lot and on a shut down E. 7th street with outside seating, tents, and over 50 different beers pouring over the 2 day fest. A $20 entry package includes a beautiful screen printed 16oz glass and 12 drink tickets good for 3oz pours of most beers with some more expensive beers at 2 or 3 tickets a pour, full pint pours also available.
Thanks to our sponsors Maletis Beverage, Oregon Fruit Products, Willamette Week and Backdraught Pdx.
Rare & Rotating Fruit Beer List:
- 10 Barrel: Cucumber Crush – Cucumber Berliner-Weisse created for the 2013 Fruit Beer Fest. Gold Medal Winner at the 2014 World Beer Cup.
- Breakside: Brett Rouge
- Breakside: Beaujolais avec Brett – Strong sour ale fermented with wild yeasts and Oregon┬¡ grown Gamay grapes.
- Breakside: Apollo & Dionysus – Cellar Reserve Beer; Not Usually Available to the Public. Gin Barrel-Aged Sour Saison w Sichuan Peppercorn
- Burnside Brewing: Coconut/Lime Kolsch – Lime Kolsch blended with Thai Coconut water
- Burnside Brewing: Cartel Michelada – Cartel Vienna Lager blended with salt, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, secret ingredient and black pepper (Tapping 11am Saturday 6/7)
- Burnside Brewing: 2012 Red Light District – Imperial Stout with Belgian Chocolate, Strawberries and aged in local Rum barrels.
- De Garde: Blueberry Bu Weisse (Tapping 4pm Friday VIP session)
- De Garde: Blackberry Bu Weisse
- Deschutes: Abbey Framboise – Raspberry infused belgian-style Abbey ale.
- Double Mountain: Lyle Ryder – Bloody Mary/Red Beer! (Tapping 11am Sunday 6/8)
- Elysian: Squeeze Box Berry Imperial IPA – 8.1% Abv Double IPA with 42lbs each of raspberry, boysenberry, and blackberry purée. (Tapping 4pm Friday VIP session)
- Elysian: Yuzu Belgian-Style Golden – Belgian Golden with citrusy sweet Yuzu juice.
- Flat Tail: Habanero Apricot Wild
- Hopworks: Raspberry/Chocolate Army of Darkness – Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout with Organic Raspberries and Cacao
- Hopworks: Raspberry Triple – Belgian-style Tripel with Raspberries added.
- Lompoc: Cherry Christmas – Barrel-Aged winter ale with Cherries.
- McMenamins: Pavol’s Bublanina – Barrel-Aged Baltic Porter Aged on Cherries (Edgefield Brewery) ABV: 7.61
- New Belgium: Guava Nectarine La Folie – one-off single 5 gallon oak firkin.
- New Belgium: Cascara Quad – An ale brewed with Date, Coffee and cherries added
- New Belgium: Dieu Du Ciel – An ale brewed with Feijoa and Hibiscus
- Oakshire: Hermanne 1882 – Belgian-style ale with Muller Thurgau grapes aged in Pinot Barrels with Brettanomyces.
- Thai Me Up Brewing: Chchchchc-Cherry Bomb – Silver Medal Winner at 2012 GABF and 2014 World Beer Cup from Wyoming. (Tapping 4pm Friday VIP session)
- Upright/Bushwhacker: Ebony & Ivory – Upright Brewing’s Gose infused with white truffles blended with a cider from Bushwhacker infused with black truffles. (Tapping 4pm Friday VIP session)
- Alameda: Blackberry Black Bear XX Stout – Award winning Export stout with Blackberries added in the cask.
- Cider Riot: Hedgerow Fruits – Special for the fruit beer fest (a nod to one of Michael Jacksons favourite beer descriptors). It will be a dry cider made with blackcurrants and Italian plums. (Tapped at 3pm Saturday 6/7 by the brewer)