EUGENE, Ore.— Since the first batch of Tricerahops Double India Pale Ale released in 2007 to Ninkasi Brewing Company’s Flagship Series, the brewery has worked to supply the demands of the beer’s now cult-like following. Hitting the shelves for the first time in 12-ounce bottles, Tricerahops will be available in 12-ounce 4-packs, offering a more accessible alternative to the beers somewhat formidable 22-ounce bottles.
At 8.0 percent, Tricerahops Double IPA is double everything already loved in an IPA – more hops, more malt body and a higher gravity define this beer. Available year-round, Tricerahops has an abundant earthy, floral hop aroma. This beer is as flavorful as it is balanced and drinkable.
Starting in July, Tricerahops can be found on the shelves and in retailers in 12-ounce 4-packs, 22-ounce bottles, and on-draft.
- Style: Double IPA Series: Flagship Series
- Available: Year-Round
- ABV: 8.0%
- IBU: 100
- Starting Gravity: 1080
- Malt: 2-Row Pale , Munich, Carahell
- Hops: Chinook, Cascade, Summit, Centennial, Palisade
- Packaging: 12-ounce 4-pack; 22-ounce bottles; draft
- Distribution: Oregon; Washington; Idaho; Montana; California; Alaska; Nevada; and Vancouver, British Columbia
- URL: www.ninkasibrewing.com/tricerahops
- Description: Tricerahops is double everything you already love in an IPA. More hops, more malt body and a higher gravity define this Double India Pale Ale. Fiercely flavorful, guaranteed to satisfy.
- Tasting Notes: Double IPA’s are noted for their hop profiles. Earthy, floral hop aroma and flavor are abundant in Tricerahops. The bigger body and higher alcohol balance the large volume of hops to create a beer that is very flavorful while still being balanced and drinkable. At 8 percent ABV this beer can be deceiving as it is very smooth.
- Food Pairings: Buffalo, Lamb, Pork, Ceviche, Wild Mushrooms, Goat Cheese, Short Bread
For more information about Ninkasi Brewing Company, visit: www.ninkasibrewing.com.
About Ninkasi Brewing Company
Founded in 2006 by Jamie Floyd and Nikos Ridge, Ninkasi Brewing Company continues to grow from its first batch of Total Domination IPA, to two brewhouses, a 55-barrel and a 90-barrel brewhouse, located in Eugene, Ore. Ninkasi’s Flagship beers—Total Domination IPA, Tricerahops Double IPA, Believer Double Red, Oatis Oatmeal Stout, and Vanilla Oatis Oatmeal Stout—are sold throughout Oregon; Alaska; California; Idaho; Montana; Washington; Nevada; and Vancouver, British Columbia. The brewery remains privately-owned and is committed to community support and giving. Ninkasi’s Beer Is Love program offers in-kind donations and support for organizations throughout its footprint.