WILMINGTON, DE – Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant is the place to go for the beer lover who wants to keep that holiday cheer all year long. Everyone’s favorite group of craft brewpubs will offer a series of concerts celebrating the season with joyful performances by The Cartoon Christmas Trio, a singing act that performs authentic arrangements of musical selections from the classic holiday TV special A Charlie Brown Christmas. Originally aired in 1965, the special was created by Charles Schulz and is among the most popular holiday programs in history.
Throughout the month of December, the Cartoon Christmas Trio will perform at several of Iron Hill’s 10 award-winning locations. All shows run from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. – approximately two hours in length – unless otherwise indicated. Concert schedule is as follows:
- Friday, December 6 Iron Hill West Chester (3 West Gay Street, 610-738-9600)
- (coincides with the annual Mars Drinks Old Fashioned Christmas Parade) 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
- Sunday, December 8 Iron Hill Maple Shade (124 East Kings Highway, 856-273-0300)
- Monday, December 9 Iron Hill Chestnut Hill (8400 Germantown Avenue, 215-948-5600)
- Tuesday, December 10 Iron Hill Wilmington (710 South Madison Street, 302-472-2739)
- Friday, December 13 Iron Hill North Wales (1460 Bethlehem Pike, 267-708-2000)
- Monday, December 16 Iron Hill Newark (147 East Main Street, 302-266-9000)
- Tuesday, December 17 Iron Hill Lancaster (781 Harrisburg Pike, 717-291-9800)
- Wednesday, December 18 Iron Hill Media (30 East State Street, 610-627-9000)
- Friday, December 20 Iron Hill Phoenixville (130 East Bridge Street, 610-983-9333)
In addition, Iron Hill will be bringing back its Holiday Gift Pack of Big Bottle Reserves for those beer connoisseurs on Santa’s “nice” list. Available at all 10 regional locations, gift packs showcase the brewery’s award-winning and seasonal beers, brewed in small batches and available only in large-format, cork-finished 750 mL bottles, many with custom label art from frequent Iron Hill collaborator Jeff Schaller.
“Bottled Reserves are rare and special beers that are only available in limited quantities, so they make a truly unusual and memorable gift,” says Director of Brewing Operations Mark Edelson. “From higher ABV offerings to full-flavored seasonal brews, these are some of our talented brewers’ finest creations – and they’re great for a variety of occasions, from a fun and thoughtful hostess gift to a Christmas or Chanukah present for the beer lover in your life.”
This year’s Holiday Gift Packs, all of which come with complimentary beer tote gift packaging, may be purchased while listening to the musical stylings of the Cartoon Christmas Trio, and include:
- Winter Wheat Wine Ale: Two custom 18 oz. etched glasses and one 750 mL bottle of Winter Wheat Wine, a high gravity, full-bodied Barleywine-style ale brewed with a large proportion of wheat malt that is perfect for a winter evening ($35)
- Belgian Abbey: Three 750 mL bottles: Abbey Dubbel, a mahogany ale brewed in the style of a Belgian monastery with the sweetness of dark Belgian candi sugar paired with a distinct aroma of plum and pears; Belgian Tripel, a traditional Belgian-style golden ale with complex aroma and flavors of plums, spice and bananas with refreshing balanced bitterness; and Belgian Quadrupel, a rich, dark, malty and very complex beer brewed with Belgian Abbey yeast, dark candi sugar and a huge assortment of specialty malts create layers of complex fruity aromas and a warming finish ($50)
- Gold Medal: Four 750 mL bottles: The Cannibal, a Belgian-style golden ale with a complex, dry sweetness, balancing bitterness and a spicy finish (2005 Great American Beer Festival [GABF] gold medal); Russian Imperial Stout, Iron Hill’s most decorated beer, a full-bodied stout that starts with a complex, malty sweet and high-roasted character and is wonderfully balanced with the use of citrusy American hops (2003 GABF gold medal, 2006 GABF gold medal, 2010 GABF gold medal, 2010 World Beer Cup [WBC] gold medal, 2012 WBC gold medal); Saison, a classic Franco-Belge-style farmhouse ale that is unfiltered, bright and light-bodied. The yeast gives an earthy, fruity and spicy character with a refreshing finish (2008 GABF gold medal); and Wee Heavy, a full-bodied, Scotch-style ale with a distinct fruity aroma and flavor, plus a light smokiness from the use of peat smoked malts (2004 WBC gold medal) ($65)
In addition to their Holiday Gift Packs, Iron Hill also offers other diverse gift ideas: Gift Cards, available in any amount at any location, and available for redemption at any location; gift cards also give back, with a $20 bonus card for every $75 spent (so $75 to $149 equals an additional $20, $150 to $224 equals an additional $40, etc.); Bottled Reserves, available at a 10% case discount, representing some of Iron Hill’s most exciting and unusual beers and ranging in price from $17.50 to $24.50 each, all offered with complimentary beer tote gift packaging; and King of the Hill Rewards Club Memberships, just $25 annual fee for a loyalty card that earns rewards, member-only events and other exclusive perks. Enjoy a free gift for your birthday, drink from our exclusive handmade beer mug and receive invitations to exclusive club events throughout the year. For more information on any of Iron Hill’s holiday offerings, please visit your local restaurant or log on to www.ironhillbrewery.com.
Founded by home brewers Mark Edelson and Kevin Finn and restaurateur Kevin Davies in Newark, DE in 1996, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant has blossomed from one restaurant and brewery to 10 locations across the mid-Atlantic. Each is dedicated to producing and serving top-quality hand-crafted beers and cuisine in a warm and hospitable setting, and all are open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. Their acclaimed beers have accumulated a wealth of awards from the nation’s top beer festivals, and their restaurants have earned more than 100 “Best of” nods from local and national publications.
Locations include: Newark, DE (147 East Main Street, 302-266-9000); Wilmington, DE (620 Justison Street, 302-472-2739); Media, PA (30 East State Street, 610-627-9000); West Chester, PA (3 West Gay Street, 610-738-9600); North Wales, PA (1460 Bethlehem Pike, 267-708-2000); Phoenixville, PA (130 East Bridge Street, 610-983-9333); Lancaster, PA (781 Harrisburg Pike, 717-291-9800); Maple Shade, NJ (124 East Kings Highway, 856-273-0300); Chestnut Hill, PA (8400 Germantown Avenue, 215-948-5600); and Voorhees, NJ (13107 Town Center Boulevard, 856-545-9009).
For more information about Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, or to make a reservation at any of their locations, please visit www.ironhillbrewery.com, follow them on Twitter (@ironhillbrewery) and like them on Facebook.