WILMINGTON, DE — On Friday, September 5, beginning at 5 p.m., all 10 regional Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant locations will celebrate the end of summer and the beginning of a new season with the annual release of both The Great Imperial Pumpkin Ale and Classic Pumpkin Ale. Iron Hill’s award-winning Pumpkin Ale will be available on draught at all 10 locations through Halloween (Friday, October 31), and pumpkin lovers will be able to take home The Great Imperial Pumpkin Ale in cork-finished 750 mL bottles for a limited time.
“I can’t think of a style of beer that we do here at Iron Hill that evokes such pomp and circumstance. This is a release that our fans mark down on their calendars months and months in advance,” says Director of Brewing Operations Mark Edelson. “Pumpkin Ale is also one of our favorite beers to make, too, with its spicy and bold flavors — it really tastes like pumpkin pie in a glass — and we look forward to pouring our award-winning pumpkin ales throughout the season.”
Iron Hill’s Pumpkin Ale is a medium-bodied, copper-colored ale with malt-y sweetness and a balancing bitterness. It is spiced with traditional pumpkin pie spices and vanilla, in lieu of finishing hops, for intensely seasonal flavor. The Great Imperial Pumpkin Ale is a hearty autumnal beer brewed each year with more than 200 pounds of pumpkins, as well as pumpkin pie spices, molasses and Belgian candi sugar, giving it a rich flavor and heady aroma, evocative of wool sweaters, crisp evenings by the fire and all things fall. Throughout the season, the beer will be sold as a Bottled Reserve, Iron Hill’s line of cork-finished 750 ml bottles, for $19.50. The Great Imperial Pumpkin Ale’s collectible bottles feature a custom-designed label from local artist Jeff Schaller, inspired by the beloved comic strip Peanuts.
Highlighted events will include:
- September 6, 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. — Iron Hill Maple Shade will host its annual Welcome, Great Pumpkin party by pouring pints and tulips of Pumpkin Ale, The Great Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Cinderella’s Carriage, Bourbon Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Bourbon Cindy
- September 13, 12 noon until 6 p.m. — Iron Hill Wilmington will host a multi-tap event with five different styles of pumpkin beer: Pumpkin Ale, Charlie Pumpkin Brown, Great Pumpkin Stout, Pumpkin Weiss, Ichabod Imperial Pumpkin Ale
- September 19, 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. — Iron Hill Voorhees will celebrate the rite of fall by paying tribute to Cinderella’s Carriage, a Belgian-style pumpkin ale spiced with cinnamon, clove, allspice and nutmeg
- September 20, 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. — Iron Hill North Wales will host its Pumpkinfest party by pouring pints and tulips of Pumpkin Ale, Ichabod Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Pumpkin Weiss, Bourbon Pumpkin Ale, Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Pumpkin Spiced Porter
- September 20, 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. — Iron Hill Phoenixville will welcome pumpkin lovers back with Welcome to Pumpkinville!, a multi-tap event featuring Imperial Pumpkin Ale, Pumpkin Ale, Cask Conditioned Pumpkin Ale, Vanilla Pumpkin Ale, Pumpkin Weiss, Great Pumpkin Stout
Founded by home brewers Kevin Finn and Mark Edelson and restaurateur Kevin Davies in Newark, DE in 1996, Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant has blossomed from one restaurant and brewery to 10 locations across the mid-Atlantic, with an 11th location, in Ardmore, PA scheduled to open in the coming year. Each restaurant is dedicated to producing and serving top-quality hand-crafted beers and cuisine in a warm and hospitable setting, and all are open seven days a week for lunch and dinner.
Locations include: Newark, DE (147 East Main Street, 302-266-9000); Wilmington, DE (620 Justison Street, 302-472-2739); Media, PA (30 East State Street, 610-627-9000); West Chester, PA (3 West Gay Street, 610-738-9600); North Wales, PA (1460 Bethlehem Pike, 267-708-2000); Phoenixville, PA (130 East Bridge Street, 610-983-9333); Lancaster, PA (781 Harrisburg Pike, 717-291-9800); Maple Shade, NJ (124 East Kings Highway, 856-273-0300); Voorhees, NJ (13107 Town Center Boulevard, 856-545-9009); and Chestnut Hill, PA (8400 Germantown Avenue, 215-948-5600).
For more information about Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, or to make a reservation at any of their locations, please visit www.ironhillbrewery.com, follow them on Twitter (@ironhillbrewery) and like them on Facebook.