BOULDER, Colo. — Upslope Brewing Company, the Boulder-based brewer, today announced the release of its newest year-round, core style—an Experimental IPA. The 2018 offering of this annual Experimental IPA will join Upslope’s roster of staple brews, including: Craft Lager, Citra Pale Ale, India Pale Ale, Brown Ale, and Imperial IPA.
Experimental IPA – 2018.pngOriginally released in 2017 as part of the brewery’s Limited Release series, the annual Experimental IPA will showcase Upslope’s commitment to innovation and the exploration of hops. Beginning this March, the Experimental IPA will be available annually, with a fresh combination of hops year-in and year-out.
“Upslope has always been committed to delivering quality beers while pushing the boundaries and keeping things creative and fresh,” said Upslope founder, Matt Cutter. “This Experimental IPA series will continue our tradition of exploring new hop varieties and combinations. Continuously vetted through our tap rooms over the last year, our 2018 Experimental IPA reflects a refined and hop forward flavor profile. We look forward to this awesome addition to our lineup that will be available all year long.”
Boasting a 7 percent ABV, Upslope’s 2018 Experimental IPA has a light body and features Denali, Azacca, Galaxy, and Vic Secret hops, imparting ripe passionfruit, pineapple and orange zest notes with a soft malt finish. This year’s Experimental IPA will be available March through December in 12-ounce six-pack cans and on-draft across all Upslope distribution regions, including Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Wyoming, and Montana.
Fans looking to be the first to try the 2018 Experimental IPA can plan on attending various sneak preview release parties (Feb. 22-March 2) where Upslope is distributed.
2018 Experimental IPA Release Parties
- Rayback Collective – Boulder, CO – February 22, 5:00-8:00pm
- Freshcraft – Denver, CO – February 22, 6:00-9:00pm
- Homegrown Tap & Dough – Arvada, CO – February 22, 5:00-8:00pm
- Providence Tavern – Edgewater, CO – February 22, 9:00pm-12:00am
- Old Chicago Harmony – Fort Collins, CO – February 22, 5:00-8:00pm
- Trails End Taproom – Colorado Springs, CO – February 22, 5:00-8:00pm
- Tavern West – Frisco, CO – February 22, 6:00-9:00pm
- Vail Ale House – West Vail, CO – February 22, 6:00-9:00pm
- Taos Ale House – Taos, NM – March 1, 5:00-8:00pm
- Murphy’s Tap House – Louisville, CO – March 2, 4:00-7:00pm
- The Burger Stand at Burro Alley – Santa Fe, NM – March 2, 5:00-8:00pm
- Back Alley Draft House – Albuquerque, NM – March 22, 6:00-9:00pm
*Note: All times listed in Mountain Standard Time*
To learn more about Upslope Brewing and the brewery’s year-round and seasonal beers, visit www.upslopebrewing.com. #ApresEverything
About Upslope Brewing Co.
Boulder-based Upslope Brewing Company is the creator of premium ales and lagers that are artfully crafted using natural ingredients. Packaged in aluminum cans for exceptional portability and because it’s best for the environment, Upslope complements the outdoor lifestyle and caters to the on-the-go beer enthusiast. The five flagship beers include: Citra Pale Ale, India Pale Ale, Brown Ale, Craft Lager, and Imperial India Pale Ale. Additional installments are offered in a Limited Release Series, the Lee Hill Series and the Tap Room Series. In an ongoing effort to protect watersheds nationwide, and the key ingredient in Upslope ales and lagers, one percent of Upslope Craft Lager can sales benefits local Trout Unlimited chapters in the state in which the beer is purchased. Learn more about Upslope at www.upslopebrewing.com.