ESCONDIDO, CA — Stone Brewing has conjured up another batch of Stone Enjoy By IPA. Instead of opting for the normal Halloween theme of pumpkin spices, Stone harnessed the real, juicy nectar of tangerines. Stone Enjoy By 10.31.16 Tangerine IPA is beginning to arrive this week in select stores, bars and restaurants where Stone beer is sold. Don’t expect it to stick around for long, though. Its plot has been dug, as its enjoy-by fate has already been destined for the hop afterlife.
Those still in for a treat have until midnight on All Hallows Eve to enjoy this intense double IPA. After that the hops will turn into pumpkins…kidding…they’ll only fade into ghostlike versions of their once fresh and hoppy selves. All tricks aside, the brewers achieved a real hop-pushing tang of flavor by jam-packing the tanks and kettles with 12 hop varietals and a hefty amount of puréed tangerines. Upfront aromas of citrus and fruit are followed by a nice hop bitterness and hints of alcohol warmth.
“Nothing is better than our Stone Enjoy By IPAs tasted fresh, right off the bright tank, and we want our fans to be able to share that experience,” said Jeremy Moynier, senior innovation program manager. “Our brewing team is especially proud of this beer. Twelve varietals of hops are perfectly balanced with puréed tangerines to give this beer some serious aroma and flavor. This is a great spin on Stone Enjoy By IPA!”
Stone Enjoy By 10.31.16 Tangerine IPA will be available in 22-ounce bottles, 12-ounce bottles in six-packs and on draft. Its 37-day date code says it all: Drink this beer now or the fear of missing out on such tangible amounts of freshness will haunt you.
QUICK FACTS: STONE ENJOY BY 10.31.16 TANGERINE IPA
- Name: Stone Enjoy By 10.31.16 Tangerine IPA
- Web: enjoyby.stonebrewing.com
- Stats: 9.4% ABV, 90 IBUs
- Availability: 22-ounce bottles, 12-ounce six-packs and draft, beginning September 26
- Hop Varieties: Nugget, Super Galena, Simcoe, Amarillo, Delta, Target, Cascade, Citra, Galaxy, Nelson Sauvin, Motueka and Helga
- National Distribution: AK, AR, AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA and WI
- International Distribution: Japan, Korea and Singapore
- Find Beer: find.stonebrewing.com
TASTING NOTES: STONE ENJOY BY 10.31.16 TANGERINE IPA
- Appearance: Golden with creamy white foam.
- Aroma: Orange citrus aromatics followed by peach and other fruits.
- Taste: Hoppy and very fruity, with a tangerine kick on the finish — both in the flavor and aroma.
- Palate: Dry, hints of alcohol warmth and a nice bitterness on the back end.
- Overall: Although still very similar to our classic version of Stone Enjoy By IPA (it is the same recipe, after all), the tangerine adds a more intense citrus element to the beer.
SUGGESTED PAIRINGS PROVIDED BY STONE CRAFT BEER AMBASSADOR “DR.” BILL SYSAK
- Appetizers: Ceviche, garlic edamame, guacamole, mango salsa
- Salads: Spinach citrus, Waldorf, quinoa black bean, Greek, green papaya
- Entreés: Sashimi, roasted chicken, lime curry tofu stir fry, grilled onion cakes, salmon, spicy eggplant
- Cheeses: Montgomery’s Cheddar, bûcheron, Fiscalini Bandage Wrapped Cheddar, Huntsman
- Desserts: Carrot cake, pineapple upside-down cake, peach cobbler, macaroons
- Cigars: Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Candela Lonsdale, Illusione 888 Candela
About Stone Brewing
Founded by Greg Koch and Steve Wagner in 1996, San Diego-based Stone Brewing is the 10th-largest craft brewer in the United States. Stone has been listed on the Inc. 500 | 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies list 12 times, and has been called the “All-time Top Brewery on Planet Earth” by BeerAdvocate magazine twice. The multifaceted company is the first American craft brewer to independently build, own and operate a brewery in Europe (Berlin, Germany), and also opened a production brewery in Richmond, Virginia, in 2016. Known for its bold, flavorful and largely hop-centric beers, Stone has earned a reputation for brewing outstanding, unique beers while maintaining an unwavering commitment to sustainability, business ethics, philanthropy and the art of brewing. For more information on Stone Brewing, please visit stonebrewing.com or the company’s social media sites: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and The Stone Blog.