Clifton Park, NY — A nationwide celebration hosted by the independent craft brewers shaping America’s exceptional beer scene into what it is today, American Craft Beer Week (ACBW) takes place for the 12th year in a row from May 15 – 21, 2017. Brewers across all 50 states host exclusive events spotlighting the incredible ingenuity happening within America’s rich beer culture. In Upstate New York, Shmaltz Brewing Company releases two cans for the first time in the history of the company during ACBW. Available in 12 packs, Shmaltz debuts its gold-medal winning Slingshot American Craft Lager® (12 oz. cans) and in 6 packs the locals only seasonal 518 Summer Ale® (12 oz. cans), a Belgian Wit with pomegranates.
After 21 years of exclusively packaging the brewery’s renowned craft beer portfolio in glass bottles (and on draft), Shmaltz presents their exceptional specialty beers and award-winning label artwork in 12 oz cans. Perfect for summertime activities such as hiking; swimming at beaches, lakes and pools; and concert-going at outdoor music venues, Shmaltz encourages a safe and satisfying drinking experience with no broken glass or over-exposure to light and air to diminish the quality of their offerings.
Please see the detailed beer descriptions below for Slingshot American Craft Lager® and 518 Summer Ale®:
Slingshot American Craft Lager® (5.3% ABV)
A classic American Craft Lager thoughtfully created to stand up to the big beer Goliaths of the world. Boasting a bright, citrusy hop aroma, supported by touches of wheat and rye, Slingshot is guaranteed to hit the craft beer bullseye every time.
518 Summer Ale® (5.18% ABV)
518 Summer, a Belgium Wheat with pomegranate, is a refreshing and light bodied beer with a fresh and floral aroma. This unfiltered summer sipper is brewed with New York State 2-row malt, wheat dosed with sweet orange peel, and balanced with a pinch of pomegranate. At a highly sessionable 5.18% ABV, Shmaltz’s glowing gold refresher will quench the thirst of 518 locals and visitors throughout the season.
Along with the country’s finest brewers, join Shmaltz to celebrate their latest can releases and other specialty beer-focused gatherings at the following ACBW 2017 events:
- Monday, May 15 @ ICD Dart League (Pallookaville Fine Foods, 17 N. Avondale Road, Avondale Estates, GA): Bittersweet Lennys R.I.P.A.® will be on draft and bottles of Slingshot American Craft Lager® with shots of SlingDart will also be available.
- Tuesday, May 16 @ Gary’s Wine & Marketplace (121 Main Street, Madison, NJ) Enjoy a sampling of select Shmaltz beers.
- Wednesday, May 17 @ Warren 77 (77 Warren Street, New York, NY) Come enjoy Slingshot American Craft Lager®!
- Wednesday, May 17 @ Cast Iron (701-5 Highland Avenue NE, Atlanta, GA) She’brew Beer® tap takeover and raffle!
- Wednesday, May 17 @ Shmaltz Brewing Running Club (Shmaltz Brewing Company, 6 Fairchild Square, Clifton Park, NY) Join the Shmaltz Brewing Running Club for a fun 5k run at 6:15pm; following the run there will be $3 pints available.
- Thursday, May 18 @ Roc The Pink Happy Hour (The Playhouse & Swillburger, 820 S. Clinton Avenue, Rochester, NY) Happy hour with pints of She’brew Beer® raising fund for Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson.
- Thursday, May 18 @ Shmaltz “518” Tap Takeover (Almost Saratoga, 2839 U.S. 9, Ballston Spa, NY) Celebrate all things 518/838 as 518 Pick Me Up is available on draft and the new Slingshot American Craft Lager® in cans.
- Thursday, May 18 @ The Hangar on the Hudson (675 River Street, Troy, NY) Shmaltz Brewing and Saratoga Eagle Distributing host a night of specialty beers from Shmaltz and Saratoga Eagle along with live music by Pony in the Pancake, The Abysmal and Carl Daniels.
- Friday, May 19 @ Thruway Beverage (1621 Columbia Turnpike, Castleton-On-Hudson, NY) Enjoy a sampling of select Shmaltz beers.
- Friday, May 19 @ Beers of the World (2599 E. Henrietta Road, Rochester, NY) Shmaltz hosts a Funky Jewbelation® tasting.
- Friday, May 19 @ Wegmans (2157 Penfield Road, Penfield, NY) Shmaltz tasting of Slingshot American Craft Lager® and Messiah Nut Brown Ale®.
- Friday, May 19 @ Total Wine (24001 El Toro Road B, Laguna Hills, CA) Shmaltz tasting of year-round releases as well as a few seasonal brews.
- Saturday, May 20 @ Rochester Lilac Beer Festival (, 180 Reservoir Avenue, Rochester, NY) Smell the lilacs, eat some great food and drink some amazing craft beer.
- Saturday, May 20 @ Westmere Beverage (1756 Western Avenue, Albany, NY) Come sample She’Brew Beer® while 100% of the profits from the sale of beer will go to Planned Parenthood Mohawk Hudson.
- Saturday, May 20 @ Saratoga Brewfest (Saratoga Race Course, 267 Union Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY) Shmaltz Brewing joins 80+ breweries for America on Tap’s Saratoga Brewfest.
To find a wholesaler in one of the 35 states Shmaltz beers are distributed, please visit shmaltzbrewing.com/distributors
About Shmaltz Brewing Company
Founder and owner Jeremy Cowan established Shmaltz Brewing in San Francisco in 1996. The first 100 cases of He’brew Beer® were hand-bottled and delivered throughout the Bay Area from the back of his Grandmother’s Volvo. Shmaltz Brewing now sells He’brew Beer across 35 states, through 40 wholesalers and in nearly 5,000 retailers.
After 17 years of being an outspoken cheerleader for contract brewing, Cowan and staff opened their own New York State production brewery in 2013 in Clifton Park, 10 minutes north of Albany. Shmaltz’s home boasts a 50-barrel brewhouse with 30,000 barrels of annual capacity and packages a diverse and tasty variety of core and seasonal favorites in 12 and 22-ounce bottles and kegs. The Shmaltz Tasting Room is open five days a week (Wed-Sun) and offers tours, barrel-aged previews, beer-to-go, and special releases.
RateBeer.com ranked Shmaltz as one of the “Top 100 Brewers in the World” in 2013, and the brewery brought home 10 gold and 6 silver medals from the World Beer Championships in the past several years.