EUGENE, Ore. — In the latest evolution from Ninkasi Brewing—an independent craft brewery based in Eugene, Ore.— craft beer lovers will have three fresh reasons to cheer with the release of two new beers joining Pacific Rain Northwest Pale in a series of lighter, flavorful brews for evolving tastes. Prismatic Juicy IPA, Yours Truly Easy-Drinking Ale and Pacific Rain will reach beer taps and market shelves this January throughout Ninkasi’s distribution footprint.
The trio of beers represents a shift for Ninkasi, which was founded in 2006. Long known for its bold, hoppy beers, such as its flagship Total Domination IPA, Ninkasi set out to bring craft beer drinkers three creations perfectly suited for whatever adventure they are on. Prismatic, Yours Truly, and Pacific Rain are all lower in alcohol and IBUs than many of Ninkasi’s core brands.
In addition, all three beers represent another milestone in the evolution of Ninkasi: each will hit store shelves in gorgeous new cans, perfect for beer drinkers on the move.
“These beers were developed and brewed with the same quality that fans of craft beer have come to expect from Ninkasi, and the result is a series of fresh and flavorful new offerings conveniently packaged in cans,” said Cheryl Collins, Ninkasi CEO. “As trends, tastes, and preferences evolve, and as new craft beer drinkers enter the market, Ninkasi is committed to evolving alongside them.”
Ninkasi’s new year-round releases include:
Prismatic Juicy IPA – 5.9% ABV, 36 IBU
Introduced for the first time, Prismatic Juicy IPA offers an irresistibly colorful hop experience. This beer is all about playing up the juicy hop notes. To do so, Ninkasi brewers added Mosaic and Simcoe CRYO HOPS, creating an IPA that is citrusy, tropical and bright with notes of pineapple, passionfruit and guava. The can design depicts a playful color palette that speaks to the tropical flavors and aroma of the beer.
· Description: Juicy hops burst with notes of pineapple, passionfruit and guava in this irresistibly flavorful IPA. Dry hopped with Mosaic and Simcoe CRYO HOPS, Prismatic offers a deliciously colorful hop experience.
· Tasting Notes: Full of juicy hop aroma and flavor, Prismatic’s colorful hop experience is citrusy, tropical and fruity with subtly sweet malt and a balanced finish. Notes of pineapple, passionfruit and guava linger on the palate.
· Hops: El Dorado, Centennial, Simcoe, Citra, Mosaic CRYO HOPS, Simcoe CRYO HOPS
· Malt: 2-Row Pale, Vienna, Flaked Barley, White Wheat
· Packaging: 12oz. 6-pack cans, draft
· Available: Year-round
Yours Truly Easy-Drinking Ale – 4.3% ABV, 20 IBU
Also making its first debut is Yours Truly Easy-Drinking Ale. Crafted as an ode to Ninkasi’s beer drinkers, Yours Truly is crisp and refreshingly effervescent. Its delicate hop bouquet offers a lightly floral, herbal and fruity flavor profile. With a smooth finish, Yours Truly leaves one ready for the next sip.
· Description: Crafted with sincerity, Yours Truly offers a sweetly-toasted malt profile and a delicate hop bouquet. With a satisfying, crisp finish, this beer is brewed for your easy-drinking.
· Tasting Notes: Brilliant in color, Yours Truly is crisp and refreshingly effervescent. A dash of hops gives this beer a lightly floral, herbal, and fruity hop profile. Its sweetly-toasted malt profile carries notes of cracker, cereal, biscuit, and honey.
· Hops: Glacier, Santiam, Crystal, Liberty
· Malt: 2-Row Pale, Vienna, Flaked Barley, Crystal
· Packaging: 12oz. 6-pack cans, 12oz. 15-pack cans, draft
· Available: Year-round
Pacific Rain Northwest Pale – 5.4% ABV, 50 IBU
First released in February 2017, Pacific Rain Northwest Pale quickly grew in popularity as Ninkasi’s newest year-round beer. Refreshingly crisp, Pacific Rain celebrates all the Northwest has to offer including stellar water from Oregon’s McKenzie River. Brewed with a band of four distinguished hops, this beer is citrusy and tropical with a satisfying finish. Pacific Rain is tailor-made to be enjoyed wherever the next adventure may lead.
· Description: Fiercely flavorful and refreshingly drinkable, Pacific Rain is your call to experience the Pacific Northwest. Crafted with water from Oregon’s McKenzie River and a band of four distinguished hops, this Northwest Pale is citrusy, crisp and tailor-made for easy drinking.
· Tasting Notes: This flavorful Northwest Pale Ale starts with a balanced, malty sweetness that lays the groundwork to profile some of the most alluring hops around. Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe and Nugget hop varieties offer a captivating experience with flavor and aroma notes that are citrusy, tropical, floral, and piney. The residual sweetness rounds out the hop flavor making each sip as smooth and refreshing as the last.
· Hops: Citra, Simcoe, Mosaic, Nugget
· Malt: 2-Row Pale, Munich, Oats
· Packaging: 12oz. 12-pack cans, 12oz. 6-pack bottles, draft
· Available: Year-round
For more information, visit www.ninkasibrewing.com or follow Ninkasi on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
About Ninkasi Brewing Company
Founded in 2006 by Jamie Floyd and Nikos Ridge, Ninkasi Brewing Company has continued to grow from its first batch of Total Domination IPA to the 33rd largest craft brewery in the United States. Independently owned and operated in Eugene, Ore., Ninkasi’s Flagship beers include Total Domination IPA, Tricerahops Double IPA, Dawn of the Red IPA, Hop Cooler Citrus IPA, Pacific Rain Northwest Pale, Helles Belles Helles Lager, and Vanilla Oatis Oatmeal Stout. Ninkasi beers are sold throughout Alaska, Alberta, Arizona, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Idaho, Maryland, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Virginia. Committed to community support and giving, Ninkasi’s Beer is Love program offers donations to 501(c)(3) organizations throughout its footprint.
CRYO HOPS is a registered trademark of Yakima Chief – Hopunion, LLC, Yakima WA.