EUGENE, OR. — Ninkasi Brewing Company announces the release of Sterling Pils, a German-style pilsner, to its line-up of 12-ounce offerings. As the next installment of its Prismatic Lager Series, this is the first time Sterling Pils will be available in both bottles and on draft throughout all of its distribution areas.
“Sterling Pils is a Ninkasi twist on the Northern German-style lager in which we employ traditional techniques with North American ingredients,” explains Jamie Floyd, Ninkasi founding brewer. “We are excited to release our third Prismatic Lager Series brew, continuing a tradition of thirst-quenching, drinkable beers for all occasions.”
The Prismatic Lager Series, established in 2011 with the release of Ninkasi’s Helles Belles, was created to highlight Ninkasi offerings that are Northwest embellishments of traditional lager styles. Sterling Pils is no exception, brewed with ingredients including Washington-grown Sterling hops, Pilsner malt from Montana and Idaho, and naturally filtrated water from Oregon’s McKenzie River.
Sterling Pils Stats
- ABV: 5.1
- IBU: 30
- Starting Gravity: 1048
- Malt: Rahr Premium Pilsner
- Hops: Sterling
- Available: 12-ounce bottles and on-draft, April through June
- Distribution: Oregon; Washington; Idaho; Montana; California; Alaska; and Vancouver, British Columbia
- Description: Sterling Pils is a German-style Pilsner brewed with North American ingredients — including Sterling hops from Washington, Premium Pilsner malt from Montana and Idaho, and some of the best brewing water in the world from the Pacific Northwest.
- Tasting Notes: In tribute to the Northern German Pils, we used North American hops and malt in this beer to bring both worlds together in harmony. A grassy, straw, and earthy noble-like hop aroma is balanced with a clean toasted malt profile with hints of honey. This lager is conditioned for a smooth taste throughout, with a crisp and refreshing finish. Sterling Pils pours straw-colored with tight head retention for maximum aromatic expression. With the balance and drinkability found in traditional German brewing, we are proud to offer Sterling Pils in our Prismatic Lager Series.
- Food Pairings: Spicy Thai or Mexican foods, light fish like salmon or tuna, asparagus, salads
To learn more about the full line-up of Ninkasi beers, visit: www.NinkasiBrewing.com/
About Ninkasi Brewing Company:
Founded in 2006 by Jamie Floyd and Nikos Ridge, Ninkasi Brewing Company continues to grow from its first batch of Total Domination IPA, to a 50-barrel brewing system located in Eugene, Ore. Ninkasi’s Flagship Series beers include Total Domination IPA, Tricerahops Double IPA, Believer Double Red, Oatis Oatmeal Stout, and Vanilla Oatis Oatmeal Stout, and are sold throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Alaska, California, Montana, and British Columbia. Committed to community support and giving, Ninkasi’s Beer is Love program offers in-kind donations and support for organizations throughout its footprint. For more information, call 541.344.2739 or visit www.NinkasiBrewing.com.