The country’s second-largest brewer today announced plans to release boxed, non-carbonated hard cider via the recently acquired Crispin Cider and Fox Barrel brands.
Crispin president Joe Heron said in press materials that he hopes the package will attract more wine drinkers to the cider category. The package – equivalent to 750 mL wine bottles – apparently has a nine month shelf life and will retail for $14.99. The full release is below.
COLFAX, CA – Since its launch in 2008, Crispin Cider Company has become famous for its innovative takes on 100-percent, fermented fresh-pressed American apple and pear juice hard ciders, and for its outside-the-box thinking. But for its latest introduction, the hard cider maker is thinking inside the box —- introducing boxed hard cider from Crispin.
“We know that cider drinkers are wine drinkers, and vice-versa, so in many ways cider is the ultimate ‘bridge’ beverage between beer and wine —- the beer for wine drinkers and the wine for beer drinkers,” said Joe Heron, president and CEO, Crispin Cider Company. “Our boxed ciders reflect that connection in a fun and delicious way.”
Each box contains three liters of cider, equivalent to four bottles of wine. Once opened, and stored in the fridge, they will stay fresh for about four weeks.
Crispin Cidre Blanc — 6% ABV
- Classically refined, crisp and refreshing, Crispin Cidre Blanc is naturally fermented, using a classic, white wine yeast and unpasteurized fresh-pressed American apple juice.
- Smoothed with pure apple juice, and no added sugars, benzoate or sorbate preservatives.
- Fresh and zesty, lively and fruity with crisp apple aromas, and an off-dry, long clean natural finish. Pairs perfectly with food, especially spicy dishes, white meats, seafood and salads.
- Pearfectly still. Fox Barrel Pomegranate & Pear is naturally fermented, using 100 percent, unpasteurized, American, fresh-pressed pear juice.
- Not from pear-juice concentrate or pear-flavored hard apple cider.
- No added sugars, benzoate or sorbate preservatives.
- Infused with natural pomegranate juice and touched with a kiss of natural blackberry juice. Naturally elegant, deliciously adult with a naturally sharp pomegranate tang and a soft-pear finish.
“We’ve always tried to bring new experiences and adventures, to the American drinker,” said Bruce Nissen, Crispin’s head cider maker. “These still ciders represent delicious refreshment in a convenient, casual format. We think we’ll introduce even more legal age drinkers to cider.”
The suggested retail price for the boxed ciders is around $14.99.
- More convenient than bottled wine. Portable and nearly unbreakable.
- Equivalent to four 750mL bottles of wine.
- Nine months shelf life.
- Environmentally friendly — recyclable, less costly to transport.
About the Crispin Cider Company
The Crispin Cider Company produces natural hard apple craft ciders using fermented, American unpasteurized fresh-pressed apple-juice in Original, Light and Brut varietals, and additional unfiltered Artisanal Reserves – Honey Crisp, Lansdowne, The Saint and Cho-tokkyu, and also imports a classic English Dry Cider, Crispin Browns Lane.
The Fox Barrel Cider Company is dedicated to the production of superior pure pear ciders, using American fermented fresh-pressed pear-juice. Available in Pacific Pear, Blackberry Pear and Apricot Pear varietals and additional unfiltered Cidery Reserves — Ginger & Blackcurrant and Rhubarb & Elderberry. The company also imports a classic English Perry.