Framingham MA — Jack’s Abby Craft Lagers is set to release a collaboration brew, Beer Geek Helles, with New England Brewing Company the weekend of July 15th 2016. The beer will be available on draft and in four packs of 16 oz cans throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, and parts of New York. The release will be celebrated with multiple events in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York.
Beer Geek Helles was conceived by the teams at Jack’s Abby Craft Lagers and New England Brewing Co. this spring. The beer makes use of custom malts by Stone Path Malt, Nelson Sauvin and Hallertau Blanc hops. The brew itself involved a double decoction mash procedure, a traditional German technique that involves the repeated cooking of the wort.
“We’re excited to be able to get to collaborate with a brewery like Jack’s Abby whose beer and people are among the best around. The NEB team is really looking forward to drinking some Beer Geek Helles,” says New England Brewing Co. head brewer/partner Matt Westfall.
Jack’s Abby head brewer/partner Jack Hendler says, “Collaboration brews are an excellent chance for both parties to bring their best strengths to the table and make something awesome. Working with NEBCo has been a lot of fun and we can’t wait to toast to the end result.”
Launch events are as follows:
- Thu July 14th: 6:00 pm- Brewer’s Fork. Charlestown, MA
- Fri July 15th: 8:30 pm- Stoddard’s. Boston, MA
- Mon July 18th: 4:30 pm- Prime 16. New Haven, CT; 7:00 pm- Cask Republic. New Haven, CT
- Tue July 19th: 5:00 pm- Birch Hill. Glastonbury, CT; 7:30- Eli Cannons. Middletown, CT
- Wed July 20th: 4:00 pm- Haymaker Bar and Kitchen. New York; 4:00 pm- Henry Street Tap Room. Saratoga Springs, NY
- Thu July 21st: 5:00 pm- Deccico’s Market. Armonk, NY
- Fri July 22nd: 4:00 pm- The Hops Company. Derby, CT
- Sat July 23rd: 3:00 pm- The Bier Abbey. Schenectady, NY
- Mon July 25th: 6:00 pm- Knuckleheads. Wallingford, CT
- Sat July 30th: 4:00 pm- The Gate. Brooklyn, NY
About Jack’s Abby Craft Lagers
Jack’s Abby Craft Lagers is a family-owned craft brewery in Framingham, MA founded by three brothers, Jack, Eric, and Sam Hendler. They are known for focusing entirely on craft lagers, honoring traditional German brewing methods while creating innovative new styles. Through their mission to redefine the American lager, Jack’s Abby has become a mainstay of the craft beer scene in the northeast and gained notoriety nationwide. In Fall 2015, Jack’s Abby completed a 67,000 sq ft expansion into a new space that included the opening of a restaurant.
About New England Brewing Company
New England Brewing Company is a small craft brewery located in Woodbridge CT right on the border of New Haven. NEBCO is proud to be brewing carefully crafted beers for local consumption.