San Carlos, CA – As breweries around the Bay Area prepare for San Francisco Beer Week, Devil’s Canyon announced today that they will be debuting a new addition to their core line of sustainably handcrafted beers – a West-Coast style IPA aptly titled Western IPA.
This is the first time in over 3 years the brewery has expanded their core line of products, the last time being in 2012 with their popular champagne based sparkling ale – Belle. While the brewery has several specialty and seasonal beers, Devil’s Canyon’s core lineup now consists of:
- Full Boar Scotch Ale – a mildly smoky blend of peated malts, rich flavors of caramel, overtones of chocolate and a slight hint of coffee.
- California Sunshine Rye IPA – exceptionally well balanced with assertive hop bitterness, a toasty and bready malt mouth-feel, and a grassy, dry finish.
- Deadicated Amber Ale – subtle notes of sweetness, toasted biscuit, and caramel with a beautiful tawny color with a fine lace head.
- Silicon Blonde Ale – brewed to be a light-bodied, golden-colored pleasure. A velvety mix of two-row barley and toasted malts create a caramel and honey aroma. The finish is of subtle citrus peel; crisp and refreshing.
- Belle – California Sparkling Ale – a true feast for your senses with its rich, straw-like appearance and aromatic, fruity nose. This celebratory beer has a crisp, sweet flavor with a strong, dry, effervescent finish.
- Western IPA . . .
At 6% ABV, Western IPA is brewed with six hop varieties carefully chosen to complement one another. Tropical fruit aromas and cypress resin are immediately apparent while ruby red grapefruit, pineapple, and passion fruit tones contrast an assertive bitterness.
As shipments from the brewery make their way to distributors and out into the market, retailers and consumers throughout California, Nevada, Arizona and Washington will be able to enjoy Western IPA on draught and in 22oz bottles beginning in mid to late January.
Fans wanting to be among the first to enjoy Western IPA will be able to do so at the brewery’s Friday night California Beer Garden open houses and at any number of events Devil’s Canyon will be involved with during this year’s SF Beer Week.