Boston, MA – Copenhagen Beer Celebration, one of the most exciting and respected craft beer tasting events in the world, is coming to Boston September 23 & 24, 2016. Giving beer lovers the chance to experience over 100 rare and beloved craft beers from 50+ breweries from around the globe, this new outdoor beer and music festival will place emphasis on highly sought after and cult favorite beers while shining a spotlight on talented brewers from around the country and overseas.
The event will also feature great live music from both national and local acts including Yo La Tengo, Lucero, The Barr Brothers, Mariachi El Bronx, and more. Copenhagen Beer Celebration is co-produced by Mikkeller Brewing, the acclaimed Danish microbrewer and founder of Denmark’s original Copenhagen Beer Celebration, and Crash Line Productions, the Boston based team behind the highly successful Boston Calling Music Festival. The event will be held at City Hall Plaza [One City Hall Square, Boston, Massachusetts]. Early Bird Tickets for Copenhagen Beer Celebration in Boston are on sale now at www.copenhagenbeerfest.com, and through Monday, April 25 at noon, there will be no service fees on all tickets. High res. images and the festival logo can be accessed here.
Created by Mikkeller Brewing’s co-founder Mikkel Borg Bjergsø, Copenhagen Beer Celebration brings together some of the most celebrated and talked about breweries in the world. The original Copenhagen Beer Celebration has taken place in Denmark for the past four years, always selling out within hours and bringing together some of the biggest beer fans and aficionados from near and far. Introduced to Crash Line Productions in 2015, Bjergsø immediately discussed plans to bring Copenhagen Beer Celebration stateside. “Doing a Copenhagen Beer Celebration in the states has been a long time dream of mine, so when the opportunity came to do a CBC Boston edition, there was no hesitation,” says Bjergsø. “While working on the plans for this year’s festival, we realized we had the ability to do a crossover festival with music and beer – two of the things I love the most – and in such an awesome venue such as Boston. I’m really excited about bringing the CBC atmosphere to this city.”
Brian Appel, co-founder of Crash Line Productions says, “As soon as we began conversations with Mikkel and his incredible team about bringing CBC to Boston, we knew we were working on a special event. These guys are so admired in the global beer community and I think given what we do with Boston Calling on City Hall Plaza, we felt it was a very natural fit for us and for the city of Boston. We’re now looking forward to bringing even more excitement to the city this September with the arrival of this festival.” Crash Line will also be sharing exciting news regarding the growth and expansion of its flagship Boston Calling Music Festival in the coming weeks.
Boston’s Copenhagen Beer Celebration ticket-holders will be able to explore and taste from some of the world’s most talked about breweries including Warpigs from København, Denmark, Alpha State from Kent, England, Oud Beersel from Beersel, Belgium, Loverbeer from Marentino, Italy, Brewski from Helsingborg, Sweden, Brewbynumbers from London, England, Kees from Arnestein, Netherlands, and of course Mikkeller, also from Copenhagen, which has developed some special custom brews and will be available throughout the festival.
Representing the United States’ ever-growing craft beer movement, Copenhagen Beer Celebration will welcome breweries from all corners of the country, including Arizona Wilderness from Gilbert, Arizona, Stone Brewing from San Diego, California, Gigantic from Portland, Oregon, 18th Street from Gary, Indiana, Tired Hands from Ardmore, Pennsylvania, Hill Farmstead from Greensboro Bend, Vermont, Half Acre from Chicago, Illinois, and Jack’s Abby from right down the road in Framingham, Massachusetts.
To compliment all these great brews, attendees can also enjoy some great regional foods from Roxy’s Grilled Cheese, Tasty Burger, Barracuda Tavern, Zinneken’s Waffles, and for the first time in the US, Copenhagen’s world renowned Warpigs Barbeque.
Copenhagen Beer Celebration’s BREWERY lineup as of April 20, 2016 is as follows (additional breweries will be announced in the coming weeks):
- 3 Floyds (Munster, Indiana)
- 18th Street (Gary, Indiana)
- Alefarm (København, Denmark)
- Allagash (Portland, Maine)
- Alpha State (Kent, England)
- Arizona Wilderness (Gilbert, Arizona)
- Bagby (Oceanside, California)
- Brewbynumbers (London, England)
- Brekeriet (Malmö, Sweden)
- Brewski (Helsingborg, Sweden)
- Casita (Greensboro Bend, Vermont)
- Gigantic (Portland, Oregon)
- Half Acre (Chicago, Illinois)
- Hill Farmstead (Greensboro Bend, Vermont)
- Jack’s Abby (Framingham, Massachusetts)
- Jackie O’s (Athens, Ohio)
- Kees (Arnestein, Netherlands)
- Loverbeer (Marentino, Italy)
- Magic Rock (Huddersfield, England)
- Mikkeller (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Mikkeller SD (San Diego, California)
- Modern Times (San Diego, California)
- Mystic (Chelsea, Massachusetts)
- Oud Beersel (Beesel, Belgium)
- Samuel Adams (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Siren (Wokingham, England)
- Stillwater (Baltimore, Maryland)
- Stone Brewing (San Diego, California)
- Superstition Meadery (Prescott, Arizona)
- Tired Hands (Ardmore, Pennsylvania)
- To Øl (Frederiksberg, Denmark)
- Warpigs (København, Denmark)
Copenhagen Beer Celebration’s Session Tasting Times and Music Lineup are as follows.
Performance times are forthcoming. *Artists are subject to change.
Friday Night Rød (red) Session (Friday September 23: 6:00pm – 11:00pm)
- Yo La Tengo
- The Barr Brothers
- Saturday Day Grøn (green) Session
- Saturday September 24: 11:30am – 3:30pm
- Mariachi El Bronx
- The Tremelo Beer Gut
- Tigerman WOAH!
Saturday Night Blå (blue) Session (Saturday September 24: 6:00pm – 11:00pm)
- Caroline Rose
- The Silks
Tickets: Early Bird tickets are on sale now at www.copenhagenbeerfest.com. Through Monday, April 25 at noon EST, all tickets are available with no service fees. Three-Session Combo GA Tickets are $125, (includes 13 Beer Tasting Tokens per Session; 1 Beer Token per Beer Tasting Sample); Three-Session Combo VIP GOLD bracelets are $250 (includes unlimited sampling, 30min early entrance to the event and access to special beers not available to GA passholders). Single session tickets for Friday and Saturday evening sessions are $50 ($125 for VIP GOLD bracelet), and include 10 beer tasting tokens, and Saturday day session tickets are $40 ($95 for VIP GOLD bracelet), also including 10 beer tasting tokens.
- Additional Beer Tasting Tokens will be available for sale onsite for $10/5 tokens; $20/12, $30/18, $40/24 and $50/30 tokens.
- Full pours of custom festival brewed Mikkeller beer will also be available for purchase at bars onsite.
- All ticket buyers must be 21+ to purchase and attend.
- Social Media: Follow Copenhagen Beer Celebration on social media: Instagram: @COPENHAGENBEERCELEBRATION; Twitter: @COPENHAGENBEER; Facebook: Copenhagen Beer Celebration.
Mikkeller Brewing is located in Copenhagen, Denmark and was co-founded by Mikkel Borg Bjergsø. In 2006 Bjergsø was a math and physics teacher that started experimenting with hops, malt and yeast back home in his kitchen in Copenhagen. Today he exports his micro brewed beer to 40 different countries and is internationally acclaimed as one of the most innovative and cutting edge brewers in the world. http://mikkeller.dk
Crash Line Productions is a Boston-based entertainment production company that owns and produces dozens of events each year. Formed in 2012 by Brian Appel and Mike Snow, Crash Line Productions continues to build its event platform around the semi-annual Boston Calling Music Festival and the new Eaux Claires Music & Arts Festival in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.